Ryan loves being on stage. He is a professional Emcee and Host with the ability to entertain your crowd and edify your speaker guests. He engages the audience, getting them clapping and having a blast.
He has hosted 1 Million Cups, where entrepreneurs give presentations and the audience provides feedback and is also host and organizer of the OC Tech Happy Hour, Orange County’s fastest growing Meet-Up Group.
Ryan specializes in hosting and being the emcee for large conferences, business competitions, and moderation of expert panels.
Ryan has delivered keynote speeches across the United States and Europe, and he loves to deliver powerful messages to large audiences that gets them pumped up!
His ginger energy helps to keep the crowd engaged and having fun the whole time. He is not the typical speaker that talks in metaphors and shares generic stories with predictable outcomes.
His material comes from real life experiences and a plethora of crazy personal stories.
Ryan delivers informative, motivational, and inspirational talks to groups of all shapes and sizes. Look no further, you have found the guy you want on your stage.
Event: Green Festival
Keynote Title: The 3-1-3 Pitch Theory
Short Description: When working through this process with my clients, I help them discover the biggest problem they are solving, then work to explain that issue in only 1 sentence. The same process goes for describing the solution and the target market.
- Your customers are motivated by alleviating their pain
- Explain what you do before you share how you do it
- Knowing your target market is key in communicating your vision
- Use relational terms to put your idea into your audience’s head.
- Say less and listen more. This creates questions and conversation
Keynote Title: Face Dancing Public Speaking Theory
Short Description: Everyone has fears they must encounter when they go outside of their comfort zone and try something new. My talk shares with the audience three of the most effective “Face Dancing” moves, based on my research, experience, creative insights, and most importantly, my failures.
- The more similar that your mannerisms, tone, diction, and body language is to someone else, the more they will feel comfortable
- Stories are one of the most powerful things in the world, and if people want to be a better speaker and/or writer, they need to become better storytellers.
- When people are speaking, their body language is speaking as soon as they are seen, even before one opens their mouth.
Event: Digital Hollywood
Keynote Title: The Iceberg Theory
Short Description: 99 percent of time, entrepreneurs never answer what they do. Instead, they try to tell their audience how they do what they do. When you answer a “what” question with a “how” answer, you run the risk of having the person you talk to never want to talk to you again.
- Entrepreneurs have a tendency to think that their audience knows everything; the problem is, they don’t.
- Entrepreneurs must have a crystal clear understanding of how their business operates. They must be able to reference the individual points that are relevant to the customers.
- Don’t be afraid to give less information initially, because it creates the opportunity to make real connections between the problem you’ve already identified and how the solution can benefit the listener.
- Questions are what highlights points of interest, and helps to guide a productive and meaningful exchange of ideas.
Past Speaking Events
- Green Festival, New York – 2015
- Green Festival, D.C. – 2015
- Sustainatopia, Los Angeles – 2015
- Green Festival, Los Angeles – September 2015
- Digital Hollywood, Los Angeles, October 22nd, 2015
- Green Festival, San Francisco, November 2015
- Blackstone LaunchPad Pitch Event – March 2015
- ANTrepreneur of the Year Awards June 2015
- Eureka Fest – Irvine, California- April 2015
- TEDxUCIrvine – Host of Festival of Discovery, October 3rd, 2015
- Investor Festival, Santa Monica, California October 8th-9th 2015
- 1 Million Cups, Irvine – Weekly since June of 2014
- UCI Business Plan Kickoff – UCI November 5th, 2015
- INVEST Summit 2015 – Cyber Monday November 30th, 2015
- Advertising & Media Technology – December 14th, 2015
- Public Speaking Town Hall, UCI April 6th, 2016
- TEDxUNLV – Las Vegas, Nevada April 8th, 2016
- Green Festival, New York, April 2016
- ANJE 30 Year Celebration, Portugal, June 2016
- Green Festival, Los Angeles, September 2016
- Green Festival, San Francisco, September 2016
- TEDxLA, Los Angeles, December 2nd – 3rd, 2016
- Military Transition and Personal Branding, Camp Pendleton – January 18th, 2017
- TEDxUCIrvine, Irvine – January 21th, 2017
- The State of The Startup 2016 – UCI, California January 27th, 2016
- Investor Festival, Santa Monica, October 3rd – 5th 2016
- Startup Battlefield – OC Tech Happy Hour, Irvine, California February 29th, 2016
- Hack The Mind – Applied Innovation, Irvine, California April 30th, 2016
- Eureka Fest – Irvine, California April 15, 2016
- Synergy Startups and Reciprocity – OC Tech Happy Hour, The COVE, May 25th, 2016
- Business Rockstars – Burbank, California June 1, 2016
- IDEAS 2016 Los Angeles – Santa Monica June 15th-16th, 2016
- TEDxLA – Sustainable City, Los Angeles June 17th, 2016
- Building [Disruptive] Startups – OC Tech Happy Hour, The COVE, June 22nd, 2016
- Extreme Tech Challenge, Santa Monica – August 2016
- Transparency in Startups, Irvine -OC Tech Happy Hour, The COVE, July 27th, 2016
- TechDay Los Angeles – Reef Hotel, September 22nd, 2016
- StandUp 4 Women Comedy Show – Santa Monica 23rd, 2016
- Rock Bottom to Rockstar – September 26th, 2016
- All University Leadership Conference – Irvine, October 8th – 9th, 2016
- Pre-TEDxLA City of Speakers Experiment – Playa Vista, Los Angeles – October 13th
- Digital Hollywood – Los Angeles – October 18th, 2016
- Investor Festival – Santa Monica – October 24th – 28th, 2016
- Smart Millennials – Irvine – November 2nd, 2016
- University of California Radio Network Conference – November 5th, 2016
- Heart Centered Tech Valentines Day, Santa Monica, February 14th, 2017
- Israeli Tech in Hollywood Night, Santa Monica, February 2017
- Program Your Brand, Irvine – February 22nd, 2017
- Investor Festival, Santa Monica – October 24th–28th, 2016
- OC Tech Happy Hour, UCI – March 2017
- Biggest Startup Pitch Event, Santa Monica – March 28th, 2017
- Bridge Program Public Speaking Seminar, UCI – April 2017
- Green Festival, New York – April 2017
- OC Tech Happy Hour, UCI – April 2017
- Youth Public Speaking Workshop, UCI – April 27th, 2017
- Eureka Fest, Irvine – April 8th, 2016
- Founders Festival, Santa Monica – May 4th, 2017
- Digital Hollywood, Santa Monica – May 23rd – 25th, 2017
- Haiti Tech Summit, Haiti – June 12th, 2017
- International Speakers Summit – June 2017
- Influencer Night, Hong Kong – July 15th, 2017
- China Marketing Summit, China- July 16th, 2017
- Survive and Thrive Startup Camp, Connecticut- September 10th, 2017
- Access to Capital – Los Angeles – October 2017
- Pitch Workshop – Hackcellerator – October 2017
- Social Media Ad Conference, Charleston – June 2018
How to Hire Ryan for Speaking
To inquire about booking Ryan for your event email him at email@example.com
To see Ryan’s courses click here.