Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Chris Erhardt
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 60th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Chris Erhardt, who is here to uncover your music potential. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
Podcast Episode #60: Chris Erhardt – Unleash Your Music Magic
Chris Erhardt, CEO of Tunedly, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to uncover your music potential. Hear how to break out in the music industry, the decision of being an independent musician vs. signing with a label, how Tunedly levels the playing field for musicians, the magic of anonymity, and his life-changing move from the Canary Islands to Canada. This episode covers everything from music tips to startup stories. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Is Chris a gambler?
- Where will he move next?
- What is the problem you solve?
- Songwriters vs. Musicians vs. Singers
- The Umm Game
- Can signed artists use Tunedly?
- A cat cameo!
- What do Tunedly and a Magic 8-Ball have in common?
Connect with Chris at Tunedly.com.
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:26] Ryan Foland
- [0:49] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:53] Connect with Chris at Tunedly.com
- [1:25] Long Beach, CA
- [2:12] What is Chris’s story?
- [2:58] La Palma, Canary Islands
- [4:59] Entrepreneur
- [5:02] Is Chris a gambler?
- [5:38] Where will he move next?
- [6:23] Investors
- [6:52] COVID-19, Zoom
- [7:11] Why do people care more about the problem you solve than what you do?
- [7:44] Podcast
- [7:53] Expert DOJO
- [8:02] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [8:50] What is the problem you solve?
- [9:03] Songwriters vs. Musicians vs. Singers
- [9:35] Is it a blanket problem?
- [10:23] Major Labels
- [10:42] Is this a problem?
- [11:26] The Umm Game
- [12:10] Beyoncé
- [12:40] Which is the biggest problem?
- [13:14] Radio, Billboard Hot 100
- [13:44] Content
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [15:02] What is your solution?
- [16:03] Can signed artists use Tunedly?
- [16:30] Ryan Foland
- [16:52] Jason Aldean
- [17:13] Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers
- [17:39] Marketing
- [18:40] Consulting Session
- [19:24] Has Chris built Tunedly yet?
- [21:28] Black Box (plane), Black Box (coding)
- [22:34] Feedback
- [22:50] Spotify
- [24:18] Proposals
- [24:41] Blind Date
- [24:52] The Masked Singer
- [25:48] Mobile App, Desktop App/Web App, Product Roadmap
- [27:14] Musictocracy, Artistocracy
- [27:34] Brand Halo
- [28:40] Boom! Ryan’s own bell
- [28:52] Visit Ryan.Online if you’re looking for a high-energy presenter, branding bootcamps for your personal brand, or to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home for just $313
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [29:42] Who is your target market?
- [33:53] A cat cameo!
- [35:54] Down to 1 sentence
- [37:58] Startup Founders
- [38:48] Metaphor to describe
- [39:14] The Voice
- [39:34] The Masked Singer for Music Discovery
- [39:48] Magic 8-Ball for Musicians
- [40:18] Reddit, Product Hunt
- [41:12] Silent Auction for Musicians
- [42:45] Audience
- [44:16] Connect with Chris at Tunedly.com
- [44:42] Ryan Rapping aka The Ginger MC
- [46:16] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [46:24] Visit Ryan.Online/313 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- [46:30] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [46:37] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Chris, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the Magic 8-Ball of Music Discovery.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.