Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Kim Garst
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 59th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Kim Garst, who is here to focus your business and family goals. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
Podcast Episode #59: Kim Garst – Create the Business and Life You Love
Kim Garst, Online Business Strategist, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to focus your business and family goals. Hear how to make money online, prioritize your business tasks, avoid shiny object syndrome, create the business and life you love, and how Kim thrived when her back was against the wall. This episode covers everything from entrepreneurship tips to Kim’s risky bet that paid off. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Does Kim ask for forgiveness rather than permission?
- What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- Is this a problem?
- Permission-Based Pitching
- Money Mindset and Work-Life Balance
- Getting down to 1 sentence
- Generalist vs. Specialist
- What do Kim and a Skeleton Key have in common
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:25] Ryan Foland
- [0:45] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:49] Connect with Kim at KimGarst.com and on Instagram at @KimGarst
- [1:15] Radix, Mitch Jackson, Clubhouse
- [1:39] Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon / Mitch Jackson
- [1:52] What is Kim’s story?
- [2:23] Law School
- [2:43] Income
- [3:12] Entrepreneur
- [3:34] Special Ops (Special Operations)
- [4:18] Client
- [5:42] Pandemic, Speaker
- [6:13] Does Kim ask for forgiveness rather than permission?
- [7:10] Pressure Cooker
- [7:40] Why do people care more about the problem you solve than what you do?
- [8:24] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [10:05] What is the problem you solve?
- [10:47] Online Visibility
- [11:12] Which is the biggest problem?
- [12:08] Revenue, Online Entrepreneurs, Busy Work
- [12:37] Sales
- [13:52] Shiny Object Syndrome
- [14:06] Social Media, Email List
- [14:49] Monetization
- [15:42] Jeopardy!
- [17:39] Sales Pages
- [17:57] Meta
- [18:04] Podcast
- [18:41] Business Owners
- [19:51] Is this a problem?
- [20:41] Permission-Based Pitching
- [21:53] Social Media Marketer, Online Consultant
- [22:16] Twitter Followers, Facebook Fans
- [22:38] Visit Ryan.Online if you’re looking for a high-energy presenter, branding bootcamps for your personal brand, or to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home for just $313
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [23:53] What is your solution?
- [24:54] Mastermind
- [25:23] Financial Constraints
- [26:15] Profitability
- [26:26] Community
- [27:02] Money Mindset
- [27:24] Work-Life Balance, Launch
- [27:48] Women Entrepreneurs
- [30:13] Brick-and-Mortar, Businesses, Brands
- [32:02] Social Media Strategist
- [32:48] Strategy
- [33:16] Life Design
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [37:14] Who is your target market?
- [37:31] Beachhead Client
- [38:35] Sally, Target, Avatar
- [39:50] Ideal Client
- [41:11] Donald Miller’s StoryBrand
- [42:28] Website, Venture
- [43:44] Advertisement (Ad)
- [44:02] Checks and Balances
- [44:14] Generalist vs. Specialist
- [46:18] Social Media Manager, Etsy
- [47:16] Content, Testimonials
- [48:38] Made-to-Order, Course
- [48:56] Membership, Churrascaria
- [49:27] Tesla
- [50:08] Messaging
- [51:24] Down to 1 sentence
- [53:08] Metaphor to describe
- [53:38] The InstaPot of Podcasting
- [54:23] Chiropractor for your Growth, Brand Halo
- [54:48] SEAL Team Six, Anti-Fog Cleaner
- [55:32] What is your goal?
- [55:47] The Sherlock Holmes of Strategy
- [55:58] Dora the Explorer
- [56:14] Striker for your Strategic Team
- [56:37] The Blacksmith of Branding, Craftsman of Communication, Keel for your Brand Message, Carburetor for your Ads
- [57:08] Regulator for your Brand
- [58:18] 007, Mel Robbins
- [58:51]Connect with Kim at KimGarst.com and on Instagram at @KimGarst
- [59:03] Instagram DMs (Direct Messages)
- [59:48] Skeleton Key
- [1:00:11] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [1:00:22] Visit Ryan.Online/313 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- [1:00:31] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [1:00:42] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Kim, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the Skeleton Key for business and life success.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.