Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Marisa Corcoran
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 56th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Marisa Corcoran, who is here to build your ready-to-buy audience. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #56: Marisa Corcoran – Build an Audience You Can Sell To
Marisa Corcoran, Copywriter and Business Strategist, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to build your ready-to-buy audience. Hear how to build an audience you can sell to, turn your audience into a ready-to-buy audience, lead your community, create crystal-clear imagery, and the time she met Al Pacino. This episode covers everything from Marisa’s acting background to her tips on building your audience. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Has anyone ever called Marisa a Thinker?
- Have you ever had candy glass broken over your head?
- What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- What is the problem you solve?
- Permission-Based Pitching
- Is Marisa on Clubhouse yet?
- Who is your target market?
- What do Marisa and The Equalizer have in common?
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:24] Ryan Foland
- [0:48] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:52] Connect with Marisa in The Copy Chat Facebook group and at MarisaCorcoran.com
- [1:45] Blue Yeti mic, Podcast
- [2:18] What is Marisa’s story?
- [3:02] Harvard Grad Acting School
- [3:28] Casting Director, Halle Berry
- [4:14] Oscar
- [4:28] Al Pacino
- [5:03] The Godfather, Dog Day Afternoon, You Don’t Know Jack
- [5:25] Dr. Jack Kevorkian
- [5:50] Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon – err, Marisa Corcoran!
- [6:08] Dramatic Art Degree
- [7:03] Tic-Tac-Toe
- [7:42] Sin City, Marv, Martial Arts
- [8:08] Thespian, Tobias Fünke from Arrested Development
- [8:39] Has anyone ever called Marisa a Thinker?
- [10:14] SEAL Team Six
- [10:52] Social Media
- [11:05] Stage Combat
- [11:53] Have you ever had candy glass broken over your head?
- [13:09] Russian Matryoshka Dolls
- [13:48] Why do people care more about the problem you solve than what you do
- [14:09] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [14:35] Press Your Luck, Whammy
- [15:03] Classic Concentration
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [15:09] What is the problem you solve?
- [15:41] Online Service Providers, Coaches
- [16:16] Meta
- [17:14] Controlled Improv
- [18:12] Yes, and…
- [18:18] Michael Scott Improv
- [18:53] Permission-Based Pitching
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [19:03] What is your solution?
- [20:26] Ready-to-Buy Audience
- [20:31] Does that solve the problem you stated?
- [20:49] What vs. How
- [21:22] Products, Audience
- [24:00] Market
- [24:06] Marketers
- [26:23] Web Programmer
- [26:33] Is Marisa on Clubhouse yet?
- [26:54] Nonprofit
- [27:25] Visit Ryan.Online if you’re looking for a high-energy presenter, branding bootcamps for your personal brand, or to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home for just $313
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [28:43] Who is your target market?
- [28:49] Rocket Science
- [31:16] Community
- [33:38] Revenue
- [33:44] Clients
- [34:46] Down to 1 sentence
- [35:04] Factorial
- [37:38] Online Coaches
- [40:43] Global Pandemic
- [43:04] Iwo Jima
- [43:52] Metaphor to describe
- [44:52] Thing 1 and Thing 2
- [45:20] Loki, Iron Man, Tony Stark
- [45:29] Jaguar, The Equalizer, Robert McCall
- [45:50] Grand Hyatt, Ritz-Carlton
- [46:03] MacGuyver
- [46:32] Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Shaq (Shaquille O’Neal)
- [47:03] Masterminds
- [47:38] The Equalizer of Audience Growth
- [48:15] Mary Poppins, “Spoonful of Sugar“
- [49:42] Health Coaching, Pacemaker, Aortic Tube
- [50:01] Limitless pill
- [50:11] YouTube, Automatic Braking System, Carburetor, Catalytic Convertor
- [50:49] What is your favorite sport?
- [51:18] 96 Club
- [52:50] Monologue, Acting School
- [53:50] Cognitive Dissonance
- [54:09] Social Content, Tweets, Instagram Posts
- [54:54] Connect with Marisa in The Copy Chat Facebook group and at MarisaCorcoran.com
- [57:21] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [57:34] Visit Ryan.Online/313 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- [57:42] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [57:50] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Marisa, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like The Equalizer of Audience Growth.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.