Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: LaDawn Townsend
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 55th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is LaDawn Townsend, who is here to get your profit back on track. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #55: LaDawn Townsend – Profit Is Important
LaDawn Townsend, Chief Revenue Growth Strategist at VOS Group, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to get your profit back on track. Hear how to realize your profit, be financially fit, ensure all team members bring in revenue, solve your revenue problems, and what she learned barrel racing in rodeos. This episode covers everything from finance tips to business lessons from the rodeo world. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Is speed and quickness a theme in LaDawn’s life?
- How did LaDawn’s relationship with her father impact her business career?
- The 3 Things LaDawn believes as a business owner
- The Problem Pyramid
- (Not) A Cookie Cutter Approach
- Established Businesses vs. Funded Startups
- What do LaDawn and The A-Team have in common?
Connect with LaDawn at VOSgroup.org.
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:25] Ryan Foland
- [0:51] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:55] Connect with LaDawn at VOSgroup.org
- [1:56] What is LaDawn’s story?
- [2:41] Rodeos, Barrel Racing
- [4:08] Psychologist, Psychiatrist
- [4:26] Is speed and quickness a theme in LaDawn’s life?
- [4:43] Revenue
- [5:43] How did LaDawn’s relationship with her father impact her business career?
- [8:27] Why nobody cares what you do
- [8:42] New record! 150%
- [9:10] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [9:34] Sales Pitch
- [10:23] Author
- [10:48] Michael & Bonnie from Barefoot Wines
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [12:49] The 3 Things LaDawn believes as a business owner:
- 1. All businesses are responsible for being financially fit
- 2. Everyone is responsible for bringing in revenue
- 3. Nobody should use letting people go or downsizing as an excuse to make budget
- [13:52] What is the problem you solve?
- [14:02] Profit, Bottom Line
- [14:51] Small Businesses, Revenue Targets
- [15:08] Marketing, Marketing Message
- [15:26] Sales, Customer Service, Top Line
- [15:38] CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
- [16:07] Audience
- [17:03] The Problem Pyramid
- [17:18] Sales Structure
- [17:33] Target Market, P&L (Profit and Loss Statement)
- [17:53] Prospective Customer, Annual Strategy Plan
- [19:09] The Papercut Analogy
- [19:20] Sales Process, Sales Numbers
- [20:17] Visit Ryan.Online if you’re looking for a high-energy presenter, branding bootcamps for your personal brand, or to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home for just $313
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [21:21] What is your solution?
- [21:42] Does that solve the problem you stated?
- [22:25] Checks and Balances
- [23:11] What vs. How
- [23:26] Cookie Cutter Approach
- [25:18] Consulting
- [27:32] Profit Margin
- [28:16] Employees, Sales Target Goals
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [28:41] Who is your target market?
- [29:11] Established Businesses
- [29:25] Funded Startups, Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- [30:07] Industry Agnostic, Ideal Customer
- [31:00] Ryan Speaking
- [31:43] FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)
- [33:31] How large is LaDawn’s team?
- [34:22] Mom & Pop Businesses, Family-Owned Businesses
- [34:27] VOS University
- [35:12] Professional Services
- [36:10] Client
- [37:20] Generalist
- [37:31] Ferrari, Chanel, Bvlgari, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce
- [37:51] High-End Brands
- [38:07] Digital Marketing, Social Media, Facebook
- [38:38] Facebook Ads, YouTube Ads
- [38:54] Diversity & Inclusion
- [39:26] Social Distancing
- [39:51] Advertising, Livestream, Secret Batcave
- [41:15] Down to 1 sentence
- [43:11] Advisory Services
- [46:40] Branding
- [47:09] Metaphor to describe
- [47:29] Wonder Woman
- [47:38] ’69 Shelby Mustang
- [48:33] Mary Poppins
- [49:00] Instagram, LinkedIn
- [49:30] A-Team, Murdock, Mr. T, Hannibal, Hannibal Lecter
- [50:01] MacGuyver
- [50:07] Brand Halo
- [50:28] Spinnaker
- [51:07] Connect with LaDawn at VOSgroup.org
- [52:07] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [52:21] Visit Ryan.Online/313 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- [52:33] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [52:40] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, LaDawn, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge the A-Team of Profitability.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.