Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: The Problem Pyramid
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 51st episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week is a special solo episode where I discuss the Problem Pyramid. Join me as I put MYSELF in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #51: Ryan Foland – The Problem Pyramid
Ryan Foland, the creator of the 3-1-3 Challenge, breaks down the Problem Pyramid in this solo episode. Hear how to find the biggest problem you solve, articulate it clearly, why it’s more important than what you do, how to create your own Problem Pyramid, and what makes Ryan bring out the buzzer and the bell. This episode covers everything from building a pyramid to Family Feud references. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is The Problem Pyramid
- Why people don’t care what you do
- Why is it a problem to solve multiple problems
- What is Permission-Based Pitching
- What are the 5 biggest problems you solve
- The Donut Analogy
- What is the biggest problem at the top of the pyramid
- The Lowest-Hanging Problem
- [0:25] Ryan Foland
- [0:50] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:00] Are you up for the 3-1-3 Challenge? Apply for the show at Ryan.Online/313me and connect with Ryan on social media at @RyanFoland and @Ryan.Foland
- [2:15] What is The Problem Pyramid
- [2:34] Entrepreneurs, Clients
- [3:03] Why people don’t care what you do
- [4:36] Podcast
- [4:41] Cognitive Dissonance
- [4:46] Data
- [5:42] What is the problem you solve
- [6:44] Communication
- [7:12] Product vs. Service
- [7:21] Why is it a problem to solve multiple problems
- [7:44] Widget
- [9:16] Permission-Based Pitching
- What is the Problem Pyramid
- [11:42] Apple Pencil, iPad, Sharpie
- [12:12] What are the 5 biggest problems you solve
- [12:26] User Experience (UX)
- [12:31] COVID-19
- [14:04] 1-Minute Timer. Go!
- [15:04] Time’s up! How many problems did you write
- [16:18] Pricing Model
- [16:42] Egyptian Pyramids
- [18:54] Why is it easier to rank things in reverse order
- [19:03] The Donut Analogy
- [20:24] Family Feud
- [21:18] Market Research
- [22:02] What is the biggest problem at the top of the pyramid
- [22:36] The Lowest-Hanging Problem
- [22:48] Customer
- Why do we use the Problem Pyramid
- [23:42] Meta
- [23:56] How does this impact your first impressions
- [24:35] Strategic Communication
- [27:44] Feedback
- [28:02] Visit Ryan.Online if you’re looking for a high-energy presenter, branding bootcamps for your personal brand, or to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home for just $313
- [29:07] Are you up for the 3-1-3 Challenge? Apply for the show at Ryan.Online/313me and connect with Ryan on social media at @RyanFoland and @Ryan.Foland
- [29:28] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [29:35] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [29:45] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [29:52] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
That’s it! No problem. Well, one problem.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.