Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Katherine Taylor
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 49th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Katherine Taylor, who is here to fill your open positions. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #49: Katherine Taylor – Take the Stress Out of Recruiting
Katherine Taylor, Founder and CEO of Taylor McMahon HR, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to fill your open positions. Hear how to save time recruiting, find the right candidates, deliver a personalized service, why people hate recruiting, and the lessons Katherine learned in sales. This episode covers everything from Katherine’s solution to the best laughs you’ll ever hear. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How long has Katherine been in the recruiting industry
- The Papercut Analogy
- Why do people hate recruiting?
- The Problem Pyramid
- What is Katherine’s solution?
- Marketing Buzzy Buzzenstein
- How many clients could Katherine handle?
- What do Katherine and a Jaguar have in common?
Connect with Katherine at TaylorMcMahon.com.
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:23] Ryan Foland
- [0:47] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:01] Connect with Katherine at TaylorMcMahon.com
- [1:45] Katherine’s Twitter
- [1:58] Podcast
- [2:30] COVID-19, Party of Five
- [2:39] Ryan & Cyn’s Wedding
- [3:00] What is Katherine’s story
- [3:48] Storyelling, Sales
- [4:07] PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)
- [4:15] Recruitment
- [4:25] HR (Human Resources)
- [6:10] Bombardier
- [7:26] Psychologist
- [8:28] How long has Katherine been in the recruiting industry
- [9:38] To Sell Is Human by Dan Pink
- [10:48] Mortgage
- [11:02] The Rule of Thirds (Sales)
- [12:04] Checks and Balances
- [12:17] Why nobody cares what you do
- [13:05] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [14:41] What is the problem you solve?
- [16:08] Business Owners
- [16:41] The Papercut Analogy
- [18:08] Why do people hate recruiting?
- [18:32] Widgets
- [19:15] Problem Sentence
- [19:22] The Problem Pyramid
- [20:24] What is the biggest problem?
- [22:16] Recruiter
- [22:28] Visit Ryan.Online/313 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [23:58] What is your solution?
- [24:09] Technology (Tech)
- [24:20] Tagline
- [24:36] Clients
- [25:04] Job Candidate
- [25:40] Salary Range
- [28:14] Marketing Buzzy Buzzenstein
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [30:12] Who is your target market?
- [32:11] Corporate
- [32:41] How many clients could Katherine handle?
- [34:20] Premium
- [34:55] Down to 1 sentence
- [35:15] Pandemic
- [36:20] Compound Sentence
- [37:41] Executive
- [38:33] PR (Public Relations)
- [38:46] Needs Analysis
- [38:08] Metaphor to describe
- [39:57] Amazon Warrior
- [40:03] 5-Star Hotel
- [40:20] Jaguar
- [41:08] Headhunter
- [41:33] The Jaguar of Recruiting
- [42:00] Brand Halo
- [42:25] Hiring
- [42:33] Chevy, Sales Manager, Carburetor
- [43:00] Data
- [43:11] Branding
- [43:17] Tasmanian Devil, Keynote Speaker
- [45:07] The Old Man and the Sea: Return to Cuba documentary
- [46:26] Connect with Katherine at TaylorMcMahon.com
- [47:21] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [47:31] Visit Ryan.Online/313 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a private 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- [47:48] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [47:55] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Katherine, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a Jaguar of Recruiting.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.