Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Jason Barnard
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 48th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Jason Barnard, who is here to strengthen your online reputation. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #48: Jason Barnard – Google Your Reputation
Jason Barnard, The Brand SERP Guy, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to strengthen your online reputation. Hear how to control what happens when someone googles your name, the importance of Brand SERP, how to optimize for Google, manage your reputation online, and Jason’s stories from being a popular cartoon blue dog. This episode covers everything from Jason’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to the problems with Wikipedia. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is Brand SERP
- A GTO (Grandma Timeout)
- Jason’s background on Boowa & Kwala
- His musical career in Les Barking Dogs
- What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- The Papercut Analogy
- The Problem Pyramid
- How do you get on Page 1 of Google
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:29] Ryan Foland
- [0:49] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:55] Connect with Jason at JasonBarnard.com and on LinkedIn
- [1:50] Lockdown, COVID-19
- [2:48] Ryan’s Foland on The Kalicube Marketing Podcast
- [3:01] Salt Bae
- [3:04] Brand SERP
- [3:09] GTO (Grandma Timeout)
- [3:19] Google
- [4:18] What is Jason’s story
- [5:02] Boowa & Kwala
- [6:14] Wikipedia
- [6:24] The Barking Dogs (Les Barking Dogs)
- [7:12] Crowdsourcing
- [7:24] Encyclopedia Britannica
- [7:54] Rand Fishkin on The Kalicube Marketing Podcast
- [8:10] Star Trek
- [8:17] Moz
- [8:38] Wikidata
- [8:56] Dixon Jones, InLinks
- [11:01] SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- [11:32] Jason’s course
- [12:47] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [12:58] Featured Snippet
- [14:08] Siri
- [14:40] Why nobody cares what you do
- [15:50] Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- [17:09] Co-working
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [18:26] What is the problem you solve?
- [19:58] Business Card
- [22:09] The Papercut Analogy
- [24:22] Internet
- [25:24] FTC (Federal Trade Commission)
- [27:55] Email me at [email protected] with the message #PandemicPricing to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [29:32] What is your solution?
- [30:39] Plinko board
- [31:55] Checks and Balances
- [35:44] The Problem Pyramid
- [36:30] Communications
- [37:09] Andrea Volpini
- [37:21] Sales Pitch
- [39:49] Google Docs
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [40:37] Who is your target market?
- [41:55] Brand Image, Enterprises, Entrepreneurs
- [43:39] Who is your favorite client
- [43:56] Page 1 of Google
- [44:45] Back to the Future, Marty McFly
- [45:12] Polaroid
- [45:54] Knowledge Panel, Video Boxes
- [47:51] Reputation Management
- [48:29] Down to 1 sentence
- [49:05] Factorial
- [50:00] Metaphor to describe
- [50:46] Bolt, John Travolta
- [51:19] Brand Halo
- [51:29] MacGyver, Mary Poppins
- [51:43] Sherlock Holmes
- [52:17] Brand Identity, Google Searching
- [52:31] Scooby-Doo
- [53:48] Private Investigator (PI)
- [57:14] Alright, Alright, Alright
- [57:42] Connect with Jason at JasonBarnard.com and on LinkedIn
- [57:52] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [58:12] Visit RyanFoland.com/3-1-3 to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home with #PandemicPricing
- [58:34] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [58:44] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Jason, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the Sherlock Holmes of Google.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.