Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Jane Bayler
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 46th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Jane Bayler, who is here to get your business over the tipping point. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #46: Jane Bayler – Scale the Smart Way
Jane Bayler, The Smart Connector, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to get your business over the tipping point. Hear how to generate more leads, scale your business, how not to get overlooked in the business world, how to avoid getting too comfortable, and the time Jane escorted the queen. This episode covers everything from Jane’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to how she met the queen. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is Connectability
- Jane’s escort of the queen
- Why is Jane good under pressure
- What does Mollycoddled mean
- Why do people get overlooked in business
- The introduction of the StickFigure.Store!
- What is a Snakebite
- What is Dream Marketing
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:26] Ryan Foland
- [0:52] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:57] Connect with Jane at JaneBayler.com, @JaneBayler on social media, and The Smart Connector podcast
- [1:30] Ryan Foland on The Smart Connector
- [1:47] Connectability
- [2:23] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [2:38] Sign up for Ryan’s 3 Things Newsletter
- [2:46] Eminem
- [3:02] What is Jane’s story
- [3:24] How she escorted the Queen of England
- [3:31] Personal Branding
- [4:16] Why is Jane good under pressure
- [5:27] Marketing, Advertising
- [7:14] Mollycoddled
- [8:39] Why nobody cares what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [10:32] What is the problem you solve
- [11:31] Why do people get overlooked in business
- [11:49] Lead generation
- [13:12] How big of a problem is it
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [18:01] What is your solution?
- [18:19] The Leader They Love
- [19:33] Automation
- [21:03] Problem Statement
- [21:49] Elevator Pitch
- [21:56] Buy some Stick Figure Swag for a good cause at StickFigure.Store
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [23:37] Who is your target market?
- [23:53] Entrepreneur
- [24:21] Startups
- [24:46] Side Hustlers, Solopreneurs
- [27:00] Revenue
- [27:09] Scale
- [27:55] Outsource, PA (Personal Assistant), VA (Virtual Assistant)
- [29:50] What is a Snakebite
- [29:56] University of Reading
- [30:23] Brand Halo
- [30:50] King Cobra, Kingsnake
- [32:08] Down to 1 sentence
- [35:50] Lincoln Logs
- [36:52] Metaphor to describe
- [37:39] Aladdin, Genie
- [38:04] Growth Hacking
- [38:19] Leadership Marketing
- [39:15] Mary Poppins, Fairy Godmother
- [40:39] Assembly Line
- [41:30] The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- [41:55] Magic Carpet
- [44:08] Real Estate
- [44:18] 1040, Buying Agent, Mortgage
- [44:42] Rocket Mortgage
- [45:13] Starship Enterprise
- [47:25] Dream Marketing, Imagination Marketing
- [47:55] Connect with Jane at JaneBayler.com, @JaneBayler on social media, and The Smart Connector podcast
- [49:45] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [49:56] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [50:05] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Jane, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the Starship Jane-terprise.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.