Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Andréa Jones
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 45th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Andréa Jones, who is here to fix social media for you. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #45: Andréa Jones – Get Over Social Media
Andréa Jones, Founder of OnlineDrea and Social Media Strategist, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to fix social media for you. Hear how to grow your business through social media, how to spend less time online, what to do if you don’t like social media, how to get over social media frustration, and how Andréa met her husband on YouTube. This episode covers everything from Andréa’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to why social media is so important to her. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is Andréa’s story
- Lessons from Ryan’s TEDx Talks
- Why nobody cares what you do
- The introduction of The Bell!
- Cute cat videos
- What is consistent among Andréa’s top 5 clients
- What makes a good customer avatar
- What Andréa and Mary Poppins have in common
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:25] Ryan Foland
- [0:46] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:53] Connect with Andréa at OnlineDrea.com, @OnlineDrea on Instagram, and her Savvy Social Podcast
- [1:45] Pandemic
- [2:49] Max Branstetter on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [3:00] What is Andréa’s story
- [3:28] YouTube
- [4:56] Social Media
- [5:18] Ryan’s TEDx Talks
- [6:33] Ryan’s Twitter
- [6:44] Twitter Direct Messages (DMs)
- [7:01] MySpace
- [7:17] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [7:56] Russian dolls
- [8:03] Entrepreneurs
- [8:32] Why nobody cares what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [9:55] What is the problem you solve
- [10:29] Introduction of The Bell!
- [11:43] What is the root problem
- [12:04] Cute cat videos
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [14:33] What is your solution?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [17:45] Who is your target market?
- [18:55] Content Creators
- [19:35] Digital Marketing
- [21:30] What is consistent among Andréa’s top 5 clients
- [22:01] Thought Leaders, Life Coaches, Keynote Speaker, Podcast, LinkedIn
- [23:41] Online Marketers, Online Business
- [24:12] Customer Avatar
- [24:27] Email me at [email protected] with the message #PandemicPricing to have me take you through the #313Challenge in a 1-on-1 session in the comfort of your own home
- [25:50] The F.U.N. Acronym
- [30:14] Down to 1 sentence
- [31:13] Factorial
- [37:44] Metaphor to describe
- [38:07] The InstaPot of Podcasting
- [38:43] Spoonful of Sugar for Social Media Marketing
- [39:39] Jedi
- [40:18] Mary Poppins
- [40:41] Branding, Copyright Infringement, Fair Use
- [41:12] Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
- [41:46] Ronald McDonald
- [42:00] “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo“/Post/Publish
- [43:16] IGTV, Hashtags, Higher Education
- [43:29] Dewey Decimal System
- [44:21] Connect with Andréa at OnlineDrea.com, @OnlineDrea on Instagram, and her Savvy Social Podcast
- [44:25] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [44:34] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [44:50] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Andréa, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a fairy godmother.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.