Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Henry Etukumoh
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 44th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Henry Etukumoh, who is here to help out healthcare in Africa. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #44: Henry Etukumoh – Helping Healthcare in Africa
Henry Etukumoh, Founder and CEO of Medics2You, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to help out healthcare in Africa. Hear the problems with healthcare in Africa, how to provide more access to healthcare, how Henry’s app creates personal healthcare solutions, how to find the core problem you solve, and Henry’s passion for education in Africa. This episode covers everything from Henry’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to his stories from Nigeria and Tanzania. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is the Forbes8 Nigeria Accelerator
- What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- What Henry learned from Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- What vs. How
- What is MedTech
- How many touchpoints are in the patient journey
- The Fast Food Example
- What Medics2You has in common with Zoom
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:25] Ryan Foland
- [0:45] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:05] Connect with Henry at Medics2You.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- [1:43] Forbes8 Nigeria Accelerator
- [2:08] Henry’s story
- [3:37] Minister of Education
- [5:09] Coronavirus, Pandemic
- [5:41] Black Lives Matter
- [6:42] Neo in The Matrix
- [6:53] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [7:51] Why nobody cares what you do
- [8:17] Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [10:12] What is the problem you solve
- [12:31] What is the root problem
- [12:55] B2C (Business-to-Consumer)
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [16:15] What is your solution?
- [18:36] What vs. How
- [19:00] MedTech (Medical Technology)
- [20:35] Medics2You on the App Store and Google Play Store
- [22:54] How many touchpoints are in the patient journey
- [24:40] Operator Game (Telephone), Johnny Appleseed
- [25:55] COVID-19
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [26:45] Who is your target market?
- [29:16] Market Research
- [30:09] SMEs (Small and Mid-size Enterprises)
- [30:48] Healthcare
- [31:39] Small Business Owners
- [32:01] Revenue
- [32:36] The Fast Food Example
- [33:31] Marketing Strategy, Marketing Budget
- [35:11] Down to 1 sentence
- [35:49] Telehealth
- [37:40] Checks-and-Balances
- [38:16] Sign up for my 3 Things newsletter at ryan.online/signup
- [39:14] Metaphor to describe
- [40:58] Postmates
- [41:23] Tesla
- [41:38] Uber
- [41:57] Remote Healthcare
- [42:11] Zoom
- [43:32] Michael Jordan
- [45:51] Elevator Pitch
- [46:10] Medicare
- [46:21] Compass Course, Marketing, Customer Acquisition
- [46:54] Connect with Henry at Medics2You.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- [47:16] Virtual Ambulance
- [48:06] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [48:17] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [48:27] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Henry, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a virtual ambulance.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.