Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Diana Wilson
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 41st episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Diana Wilson, who is here to service your online course needs. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #41: Diana Wilson – Online Course Without Overwhelm
Diana Wilson, Online Course Consultant, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to service your online course needs. Hear how to start an online course, how to know if an online course is right for you, how to avoid overwhelm when creating your course, what you need to have prepared, and Diana’s stories from serving in the Army. This episode covers everything from Diana’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to why service is in her blood. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Where does Diana’s passion for service come from
- How Diana started listening to The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- How to create an online course
- Why is creating an online course overwhelming
- Analysis Paralysis
- What types of online courses are there
- Business Vomit
- What Diana and Neo from The Matrix have in common
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:27] Ryan Foland
- [0:47] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:53] Connect with Diana at TexasTasker.com and on LinkedIn
- [1:38] Diana’s story
- [2:15] U.S. Army
- [4:28] Where does Diana’s passion for service come from
- [5:19] CPR
- [6:21] Service-based business
- [6:40] Why nobody cares what you do
- [8:05] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [8:32] Peter Sumpton on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [8:40] Vicki O’Neill on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [10:49] What is the problem you solve
- [11:31] Online course
- [12:52] Diana’s YouTube Channel
- [12:57] Analysis Paralysis or Paralysis by Analysis
- [13:38] Ryan’s Instagram
- [13:42] Personal Branding
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [16:02] What is your solution?
- [24:01] What types of online courses are there
- [26:02] Email list
- [28:47] Toastmasters
- [30:13] Business Vomit
- [30:17] Networking
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [31:25] Who is your target market?
- [32:14] Course Creators
- [33:01] Checks and balances
- [42:41] Buy Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or Barnes & Noble and book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- [44:45] Down to 1 sentence
- [45:02] Metaphor to describe
- [45:18] Martial Arts, Sensei, Black Belt
- [46:49] Neo from The Matrix
- [47:54] Oprah
- [47:58] Lone Star State
- [48:03] The Course Whisperer
- [48:29] The Dog Whisperer
- [48:56] Inoculation
- [49:19] Pandemic
- [49:32] Penicillin
- [51:12] Connect with Diana at TexasTasker.com and on LinkedIn
- [51:22] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [51:33] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [51:44] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Diana, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like your life’s work of serving others.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.