Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Dan Bennett – 1 Minute Media
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 40th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Dan Bennett, who is here to make video creation easier than ever. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #40: Dan Bennett – Creating Videos Is Easier Than You Think
Dan Bennett, Creator of 1 Minute Media and Founder of Cell Core Creative, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to make video creation easier than ever. Hear why you need to create video content for social media, how to create videos with your smartphone, the difference between being a videographer and telling great stories, the Minimum Viable Video, and how to pivot throughout your career. This episode covers everything from Dan’s 2nd attempt at the 3-1-3 to lessons he learned from his mom. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Why nobody cares what you do
- The Eyelash Story
- Being a Videographer vs. Business Owner
- True or false
- The brilliance of MasterClass
- MVV (Minimum Viable Video)
- The Waterfall Theory
- What the Flowbee and Dan have in common
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:26] Ryan Foland
- [0:43] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:50] Connect with Dan at 1MinMedia.com and his podcast The Antipreneur Show
- [1:58] Easy Button
- [2:06] Dan’s story
- [5:30] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [7:24] Why nobody cares what you do
- [7:46] Dan’s first appearance on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [8:38] What is the problem you solve
- [10:05] What is the root problem
- [11:56] Ryan speaker reel
- [13:56] IRL (In Real Life)
- [14:38] Cell Core Creative
- [16:39] UFC
- [17:57] Sticker Shock
- [18:45] The Eyelash Story
- [22:48] Book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [23:41] What is your solution?
- [27:26] Video Digital Marketing
- [28:40] Video courses
- [29:16] Videographer vs. Business Owner
- [29:36] CliffsNotes
- [31:20] Storytelling
- [34:01] True or false
- [36:38] DIY (Do It Yourself), DIC (Do it Yourself with your Community)
- [37:41] Copywriter
- [38:18] MasterClass
- [42:27] Martin Scorsese
- [42:37] MVP (Minimum Viable Product), MVV (Minimum Viable Video)
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [46:40] Who is your target market?
- [47:08] Small Business Owners
- [48:13] Cisco
- [48:55] COVID-19
- [49:55] Small businesses
- [51:30] The Waterfall Theory
- [53:30] Down to 1 sentence
- [53:44] Metaphor to describe
- [54:50] Max Branstetter on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [55:27] MasterClass of Video Production
- [55:38] Mad Libs
- [55:46] Post-it Notes
- [55:52] Chassis
- [56:17] Tapatío
- [56:35] Uber, Airbnb
- [56:57] PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- [57:07] A-Frame
- [58:31] MVP of Video-making
- [59:34] Bonsai tree
- [59:52] GPS
- [1:00:30] Flowbee
- [1:01:19] Connect with Dan at 1MinMedia.com and his podcast The Antipreneur Show
- [1:01:29] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [1:01:43] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [1:01:49] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Dan, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a Masterclass of a MasterClass.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.