Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Jude Celiscar
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 37th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Jude Celiscar, who is here to deliver some problem-solving. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #37: Jude Celiscar – Always Deliver Your Solution
Jude Celiscar, Co-Founder and CEO of goodoo courier, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to deliver some problem-solving. Hear why people in Haiti have trouble receiving packages, how Jude started a business to help those in need, the importance of building a network of business partners, how to recognize a problem that’s worth solving, and stories from Jude’s childhood in Haiti. This episode covers everything from Jude’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to the reason he started his business. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Jude’s experience as a first-generation student
- What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- How do you know it’s a real problem
- What does the Haiti business market look like
- The Papercut Analogy
- How goodoo courier works
- How has goodoo courier been impacted by COVID-19
- Why Jude is like Amazon and Airbnb
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:23] Ryan Foland
- [0:44] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:48] Connect with Jude at ShipGoodoo.com and on LinkedIn
- [1:24] COVID-19
- [1:38] Jude’s story
- [1:46] Haiti
- [1:53] Masters in Political Science (PoliSci)
- [2:04] Entrepreneur
- [3:15] First-generation student (first-gen)
- [3:24] Bachelor’s Degree
- [3:42] Small business
- [7:21] Why nobody cares what you do
- [7:49] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [9:08] What is the problem you solve
- [10:52] World Wide Web (WWW)
- [11:01] How do you know it’s a real problem
- [12:22] The Papercut Analogy
- [12:43] Mercedes-Benz
- [14:01] Monopoly
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [14:48] What is your solution?
- [15:47] Affiliates, Ambassadors
- [17:37] Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [19:48] Who is your target market?
- [20:14] Haitian Diaspora
- [22:27] Down to 1 sentence
- [30:39] Metaphor to describe
- [30:46] Amazon
- [31:14] Airbnb
- [32:39] How has goodoo courier been impacted by COVID-19
- [34:29] Book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- [35:01] Connect with Jude at ShipGoodoo.com and on LinkedIn
- [35:08] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [35:28] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [35:36] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [35:42] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- [36:04] Black Lives Matter
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Jude, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a logistical nightmare.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.