Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Suhein Beck
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 35th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Suhein Beck, who is here to heal your discomfort. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #35: Suhein Beck – Start Your Skin Healing Journey
Suhein Beck, Founder and CEO of ELAJ, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to heal your discomfort. Hear why dry skin can lead to problems, how to articulate the problem you solve, how to stand out from your competition, how to launch a well-respected product, and her life-changing moment back home during wartime. This episode covers everything from Suhein’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to her TV show. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Suhein’s unbelievable backstory
- What she had PTSD about
- Shawarma vs. Street tacos
- Why nobody cares what you do
- The impact of COVID-19 on eczema
- The Problem Pyramid
- What is Contact Dermatitis
- Why ELAJ is like a Volvo Station Wagon
Get your discount by going to ELAJnaturally.com and putting in the code: Ryan.
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:28] Ryan Foland
- [0:48] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:53] Get your discount by going to ELAJnaturally.com and putting in the code: Ryan
- [1:20] Ditch the Act by Ryan Foland
- [2:18] Suhein’s story
- [3:10] Syrian Refugee
- [3:32] Meryl Streep
- [5:08] Beirut, Lebanon
- [5:25] Survivor
- [5:54] Food Network
- [7:46] Fairuz
- [9:19] Laguna Beach, CA
- [10:29] Shawarma
- [10:54] Arab Spring
- [11:20] PTSD (Post-Tramautic Stress Disorder)
- [16:40] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [18:01] The Cliff Restaurant
- [18:23] World of Speakers
- [19:35] Why nobody cares what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [19:50] What is the problem you solve
- [20:48] Eczema during COVID-19
- [22:39] The Problem Pyramid
- [23:42] What is Contact Dermatitis
- [24:01] pH
- [25:24] Asthma
- [26:19] Mad Libs
- [31:50] Topical Steroid Side Effects by Suhein Beck
- [32:10] Dove
- [35:27] Aveeno, Eucerin, Gold Bond, Neosporin
- [45:35] Coca-Cola, Diet Coke
- [47:52] Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond
- [50:38] Book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [51:28] What is your solution?
- [53:17] What vs. How
- [56:59] Sebaceous oil
- [57:42] Dove White Beauty Bar
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [59:08] Who is your target market?
- [1:04:24] Down to 1 sentence
- [1:05:01] Metaphor to describe
- [1:05:16] Volvo Station Wagon
- [1:05:23] eBay
- [1:06:54] Honda Pilot
- [1:09:19] Get your discount by going to ELAJnaturally.com and putting in the code: Ryan
- [1:09:34] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [1:09:42] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [1:09:59] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [1:10:09] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Suhein, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a shawarma stand.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.