Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Warren Leppik
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 32nd episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Warren Leppik, who is here to get you differentiated. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #32: Warren Leppik – Differentiate Your Story
Warren Leppik, Principal and Chief Storytelling Officer of Cognition Productions, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to get you differentiated. Hear how to differentiate your brand, how to tell a compelling story, how to find clarity in your messaging, how to approach your business like an investigative journalist, and what Warren learned from his childhood paper route. This episode covers everything from Warren’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to the mindset of an investigative journalist. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- The life-changing moment during Warren’s paper route
- New ideas for Ryan’s stick figures
- Why nobody cares what you do
- Differentiation vs. Commoditization
- The Papercut Analogy
- The Parachute Analogy
- What vs. How
- Warren’s aha moment
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:27] Ryan Foland
- [0:46] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:52] Connect with Warren at CognitionProductions.com and on LinkedIn
- [1:35] Warren’s story
- [5:05] Calvin Coolidge persistence quote
- [5:09] Ryan’s stick figures
- [7:02] Edelman
- [7:11] Michelangelo, David
- [8:55] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [9:03] Peter Goral on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [9:12] Ditch the Act by Ryan Foland
- [9:35] Why nobody cares what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [12:05] What is the problem you solve
- [14:25] Differentiation
- [15:02] Commoditization
- [16:07] Captain Picard facepalm
- [16:35] IBM
- [20:16] The Papercut Analogy
- [22:12] Chamber of Commerce
- [29:06] COVID-19
- [33:57] The Parachute Analogy
- [34:37] Elvis
- [35:42] Book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- [38:46] Mark Twain
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [39:48] What is your solution?
- [42:19] Value Proposition Diagnostic
- [42:31] IP (Intellectual Property)
- [47:42] Investigative research
- [49:48] What vs. How
- [50:55] Aha moment
- [52:30] Windex
- [53:06] Dehumidifier
- [53:17] Windex crows commercial
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [54:51] Who is your target market?
- [55:56] PhD, P&G (Procter & Gamble)
- [58:40] Connect with Warren at CognitionProductions.com and on LinkedIn
- [59:31] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [59:40] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [59:51] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [1:00:00] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Warren, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like your freezing cold paper route.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.