Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Max Branstetter
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 31st episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Max Branstetter, who is here to produce your podcast. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #31: Max Branstetter – Save Time with Your Podcast
Max Branstetter, Podcast Producer at Hippo Direct and Host of the Wild Business Growth Podcast, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to produce your podcast. Hear how to start a podcast, how to save time with your podcast production, the 3Ps of Podcasting, where podcast coaching meets podcast production, and how Max stopped being shy. This episode covers everything from Max’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to embarrassing high school stories. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How important is messaging and communication in a post-COVID-19 world
- Do podcasts take a long time to produce
- What are the 3Ps of Podcasting
- The 3-1-P
- Podcast Coaching vs. Podcast Production
- What is the definition of bespoke
- The Customer Mountain
- What the Instant Pot has to do with Max
Check out the episode link, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail. Let’s go!
- [0:29] Ryan Foland
- [0:57] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:01] Connect with Max at [email protected], on social media at @MaxBranstetter and @HippoDirect, and subscribe to the Wild Business Growth Podcast
- [1:10] Raisin Bran
- [2:05] Max’s story
- [2:56] His mom JoAnn Branstetter on the Wild Business Growth Podcast
- [7:41] Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Dwyane Wade
- [8:01] Ginger from Gilligan’s Island, Ginger Spice
- [8:21] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [8:48] Eminem
- [9:35] How important is messaging and communication in a post-COVID-19 world
- [10:45] Keel of a sailboat
- [10:55] Why nobody cares what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [11:59] What is the problem you solve
- [12:19] Do podcasts take a long time to produce
- [14:17] Ryan’s other podcast: World of Speakers
- [16:18] Problem statement
- [16:55] Dad jokes
- [18:12] Inception, Leo DiCaprio
- [19:22] Parkour
- [20:31] Buy Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or Barnes & Noble
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [21:18] What is your solution?
- [23:05] The 3Ps of Podcasting: Planning, Production, Promotion
- [24:12] Podcast editing, Licensed music
- [24:50] The 3-1-P, Brand Halo
- [25:32] Podcast Coaching vs. Podcast Production
- [26:13] Word Cloud, Venn Diagram
- [28:02] “Gold Digger” by Kanye West & Jamie Foxx
- [28:17] 49er
- [28:41] Anchor
- [29:06] Proven 3P Method
- [30:31] The Invisible Man
- [33:35] What is the definition of bespoke
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [35:40] Who is your target market?
- [36:17] TikTok
- [37:52] The Customer Mountain
- [37:58] Universal Studios, JAWS
- [39:40] Josh Linkner on World of Speakers
- [39:57] Digital keynote, Digital workshop
- [41:10] “The Ginger Cannon” Ryan Foland on the Wild Business Growth Podcast
- [41:27] Down to 1 sentence
- [41:55] Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- [42:12] Hot Tub Time Machine
- [43:35] Metaphor to describe
- [44:31] The InstaPot of Podcasting
- [44:47] InstaPodcasting
- [45:12] Instant Pot
- [47:21] Hungry Hungry Hippos
- [47:25] Connect with Max at [email protected], on social media at @MaxBranstetter and @HippoDirect, and subscribe to the Wild Business Growth Podcast
- [47:49] Direct mail help, mailing lists, and email lists from Hippo Direct
- [48:31] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [48:47] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [49:09] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [49:22] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Max, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the raw edit of a podcast episode.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.