Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Deborah Coviello
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 30th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Deborah Coviello, who is here to keep your quality high. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #30: Deborah Coviello – Don’t Lose Your Quality
Deborah Coviello, The Drop in CEO, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to keep your quality high. Hear how to maintain quality control, how to find and close the gaps in your business, how food companies ensure safety, how to create a customized solution, and her passion for the sport of curling. This episode covers everything from Deborah’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to all types of food flavoring. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Deborah’s love for curling
- Why Ryan has “lobster elbow”
- Why people don’t care what you do
- Quality vs. Safety
- The name of Ryan’s sailboat
- What vs. How
- How to get your problem, solution, and market down to 1 sentence
- What Hot Pockets have to do with Deborah’s job
- [0:29] Ryan Foland
- [0:49] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:02] Connect with Deborah on Twitter at @DropinCEO and on LinkedIn
- [1:25] Deborah’s story
- [2:41] Engineering
- [3:16] Continuous Improvement
- [4:52] Deborah’s love for curling
- [5:33] Peter Goral on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [5:45] What is the 3-1-3 challenge
- [6:21] Deanna Russo on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [6:58] Lobster elbow
- [7:40] Muscle fascia
- [8:37] Why people don’t care what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [11:21] What is the problem you solve?
- [13:50] Small-medium sized businesses (SMBs)
- [17:12] Food recall
- [17:26] Coca-Cola
- [19:12] Pepsi
- [19:36] The Chicken or the Egg
- [19:54] Quality vs. Safety
- [20:11] Quality Control
- [25:34] Ryan’s sailboat Bingo
- [25:45] Book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [26:35] What is your solution?
- [28:35] What vs. How
- [30:56] Problem statement
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [36:30] Who is your target market?
- [38:16] Business owners
- [39:14] Startups
- [41:57] Down to 1 sentence
- [47:57] Metaphor to describe
- [48:58] Hot Pockets
- [50:50] Peter Sumpton on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [52:38] Conductor
- [55:35] Daniel-san
- [55:56] Connect with Deborah on Twitter at @DropinCEO and on LinkedIn
- [56:10] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [56:20] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [56:31] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [55:35] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Deborah, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the World Curling Championships.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.