Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Vicki O’Neill
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 29th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Vicki O’Neill, who is here to resolve your marketing dilemma. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #29: Vicki O’Neill – Solve Your Marketing Puzzle
Vicki O’Neill, Fractional CMO, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to resolve your marketing dilemma. Hear how to connect with your target market, how to market in difficult times, how to take your business to the next level, how to manage your time, and how she got her bachelor’s degree while raising two daughters. This episode covers everything from Vicki’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to puzzle talk. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Vicki’s favorite type of puzzles
- Why nobody cares what you do
- How do you reframe the problem during Coronavirus
- Whether you should continue on with scheduled posts
- What it means to be a Fractional CMO
- The Papercut Analogy
- What vs. How
- How many small businesses are in the U.S.
- [0:28] Ryan Foland
- [0:51] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:55] Connect with Vicki at VickiONeill.com, on Twitter at @VickiONeill, and on LinkedIn
- [1:38] Vicki’s story
- [1:51] DVD
- [2:22] Marketing
- [3:15] Bachelor’s degree
- [5:44] Sudoku
- [6:44] LEGO
- [7:00] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- [7:14] Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang
- [7:30] Peter Sumpton on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [7:59] Why nobody cares what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [9:12] What is the problem you solve
- [12:14] How to find the bigger problem
- [20:29] Small businesses
- [21:25] Zoom
- [23:35] CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- [24:02] The Parachute Analogy
- [26:22] How COVID-19 impacts problem
- [28:42] Scheduled posts
- [30:20] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [32:41] What is your solution?
- [37:26] What vs. How
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [41:57] Who is your target market?
- [43:48] How many small businesses are in the U.S.
- [45:15] OH-IN-KY tri-state area
- [51:29] Down to 1 sentence
- [55:36] Metaphor to describe
- [56:06] Audi
- [56:17] Minnie Mouse
- [56:23] Hilton
- [56:30] Superwoman
- [56:53] Marketing Strategy
- [57:46] Superwoman of Lead Generation (Lead gen)
- [58:22] Jedi
- [58:35] Pied Piper
- [58:43] Neo, The Matrix
- [58:57] Mary Poppins
- [59:52] Headhunter
- [1:01:41] The Lid of the Puzzle
- [1:03:00] Connect with Vicki at VickiONeill.com, on Twitter at @VickiONeill, and on LinkedIn
- [1:03:25] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [1:03:40] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [1:03:55] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [1:03:59] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Vicki, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like Sudoku.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.