Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Germain St-Denis
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 27th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Germain St-Denis, who is here to get you to adopt new technology. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #27: Germain St-Denis – Don’t Reject Technology Adoption
Germain St-Denis, Strategy Consultant, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to get you to adopt new technology. Hear how to keep up with new technology, how not to get overwhelmed, how to introduce technologies in your company, why you need to take a non-technical approach to the technical, and the lessons he learned from farming. This episode covers everything from Germain’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to finger stories on finger stories. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- The Papercut Analogy
- Why Ryan’s scared of horses
- Why people don’t care what you do
- What is the biggest problem with tech
- The Technology Adoption Method
- What is “people technology”
- What McDonald’s has to do with Germain
- Farming stories from Germain’s childhood
- [0:30] Ryan Foland
- [0:49] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:54] Connect with Germain on LinkedIn and on Twitter at @GermainStDenis
- [1:31] Peter Goral on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:42] Tweets
- [2:15] Markham, ON
- [3:21] Catalina Island
- [3:42] Germain’s story
- [4:21] Sam Goody, CD, Vinyl
- [4:49] The Papercut Analogy
- [5:06] Ottawa, ON
- [6:45] How many siblings Germain & Ryan have
- [9:04] Why Ryan’s scared of horses
- [9:45] German Shepherd
- [13:01] Working remote, software engineers
- [13:48] What is the 3-1-3 challenge
- [14:46] Why people don’t care what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [17:19] What is the problem you solve?
- [19:01] Mrs. Sweeney example
- [20:22] What is the biggest problem with technology
- [22:48] Entrepreneurs
- [23:22] Emerging technology
- [23:42] Uber, Lyft
- [28:35] Customer Experience (CX)
- [30:32] Bell curve
- [32:39] ROI (Return on Investment)
- [37:45] The Technology Adoption Method (TAM)
- [38:06] Book me at Ryan.Online for digital keynotes and digital trainings
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [39:47] What is your solution?
- [43:02] Management Consultant
- [44:01] eCommerce
- [44:06] University of Toronto
- [44:32] People technology
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [47:41] Who is your target market?
- [48:02] Mid-market companies
- [50:07] Walmart
- [50:18] PO (Purchase Order)
- [52:20] Down to 1 sentence
- [52:26] Metaphor to describe
- [52:38] McDonald’s, Hamburger University, B2 Bomber, Mig
- [53:29] Shaman
- [53:38] Thor
- [54:08] Ditch the Act by Ryan Foland
- [54:24] Ryan’s stick figures
- [54:29] Connect with Germain on LinkedIn and on Twitter at @GermainStDenis
- [54:58] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [55:07] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [55:26] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [55:32] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Germain, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a farm animal.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.