Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Seema Dhawan
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 23rd episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Seema Dhawan, who is here to save your credibility. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #23: Seema Dhawan – Personal Stories Save Credibility
Seema Dhawan, Founder of Content Celebrity, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to save your credibility. Hear how to pitch your story to magazine editors, how to tell the story of your personal brand, how to improve your content, how to get people not to ignore you, and what Seema learned from stealing magazines from her grandma. This episode covers everything from Seema’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to learning from stealing. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Coffee vs. Tea
- What Seema learned from reading magazines
- Why people don’t care what you do
- What happens when you get ignored
- How to improve your content
- How to communicate your message
- What problems creative entrepreneurs have
- What Seema has to do with a Zamboni
Connect with Seema at ContentCelebrity.Ca.
- [0:28] Ryan Foland
- [0:48] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:56] Connect with Seema at ContentCelebrity.Ca
- [1:28] Coffee or tea
- [2:03] Seema’s story
- [3:45] Shy Seema stole magazines
- [4:41] What she learned from magazines
- [6:41] IGTV, Facebook Stories
- [8:06] Why people don’t care what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [9:22] What is the problem you solve?
- [10:32] American Idol
- [12:15] What happens when you get ignored
- [15:05] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [15:42] What is your solution?
- [15:58] How to improve your content
- [16:15] Cosmopolitan
- [19:35] Consulting
- [20:21] How to communicate your message
- [21:48] What problems creative entrepreneurs have
- [22:43] Why do people get ignored
- [23:26] HuffPost
- [25:09] Brand Halo
- [25:41] Personal Brand
- [28:42] The Love Bus
- [28:57] Quora
- [35:36] Entrepreneurship
- [36:48] Facebook Groups
- [37:52] Facebook Live
- [40:25] Ditch the Act by Ryan Foland
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [41:57] Who is your target market?
- [46:10] Down to 1 sentence
- [46:45] Metaphor to describe
- [47:53] Ferrari
- [48:24] Editorial pitching
- [48:56] Publicist
- [49:06] NuWave cooker
- [49:46] Zamboni
- [51:27] Connect with Seema at ContentCelebrity.Ca
- [51:50] “Ice, Ice, Baby” by Vanilla Ice
- [52:13] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [52:26] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [52:42] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [52:51] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Seema, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the ultimate pitch.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.