Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Pres Maxson
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 24th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Pres Maxson, who is here to control your emotions. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #24: Pres Maxson – Control Your Emotions with Humor
Pres Maxson, Award-Winning Author of Pigeon, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to control your emotions. Hear the power of literature on your emotions, why your feelings affect those you are close with, how to handle bad decisions, how to know your target market, and how to survive a job hunt nightmare. This episode covers everything from Pres’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to his award-winning book. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- A debate on Indiana Jones
- What is the halo effect
- What Eminem has to do with Ryan Foland
- Why no one cares what you do
- The Papercut Analogy
- The Parachute Analogy
- What Thing 1 and Thing 2 have to say
- Ryan & Pres’s TEDx talks
- [0:27] Ryan Foland
- [0:48] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:54] Connect with Pres at Amazon.com and on Twitter at @PresMaxson
- [1:55] Quincy, IL
- [2:20] In-N-Out Burger, Uber
- [3:03] The Love Bus
- [3:24] Pres’s story
- [4:11] Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones
- [4:59] John Williams
- [7:38] MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
- [8:51] Raiders of the Lost Ark
- [9:25] The Last Crusade
- [9:38] Brand Halo
- [11:23] What is the 3-1-3 challenge
- [11:50] Eminem
- [12:11] UCI, ANTrepreneur Center, Blackstone LaunchPad
- [14:03] Why people don’t care what you do
- [14:29] Ryan’s TEDx: Why no one cares what do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [16:30] What is the problem you solve?
- [18:54] The Papercut Analogy
- [26:31] Book me at Ryan.Online to keynote or speak at your next event
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [27:41] What is your solution?
- [28:53] The Iceberg Theory
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [30:39] Who is your target market?
- [37:29] The Parachute Analogy
- [38:20] Elvis Presley
- [41:09] Down to 1 sentence
- [42:36] Factorial
- [44:48] Elevator Pitch
- [45:18] Metaphor to describe
- [45:53] Thing 1 Thing 2, Dr. Seuss
- [46:29] CD (Compact Disc)
- [48:16] VW Bug
- [48:46] King Arthur
- [48:56] Madonna Inn
- [49:56] Batman
- [50:33] Superman, Clark Kent
- [54:42] Connect with Pres at Amazon.com and on Twitter at @PresMaxson
- [54:52] Pigeon by Pres Maxson
- [55:11] Paris Book Festival, New York Book Festival
- [55:31] Pres’s TEDx: In Pursuit of Bad Art
- [56:31] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [56:38] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [56:50] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [56:52] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Pres, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a humor novel.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.