Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Eline Van Audenaerde
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 26th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Eline Van Audenaerde, who is here to find your balance in the musical world. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #26: Eline Van Audenaerde – Find Your Musical Balance
Eline Van Audenaerde, Founder of The Unicorn Mothership, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to find your balance in the musical world. Hear how to find work-life balance, how to build your confidence as a musician, how to refine your target market, how to empathize with your clients, and bad music pickup lines. This episode covers everything from Eline’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to the other side of the EDM scene. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Eline’s crowdsurfing story
- The 4 V’s Formula
- The biggest problem musicians have
- The Papercut Analogy
- How to refine your target market
- Should you add spouses to your target market
- Ryan rapping
- Bad music pickup lines
- [0:42] Ryan Foland
- [1:16] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [1:28] Connect with Eline at TheUnicornMothership.com and on LinkedIn
- [2:03] How Eline found Ryan & The 3-1-3 Challenge
- [3:20] Eline’s story
- [4:38] Mike Skinner & The Streets
- [5:38] Crowdsurfing
- [6:52] Coca-Cola
- [8:49] What music genres Eline likes
- [9:38] Ninja Tune
- [9:50] Amenra
- [11:20] CD
- [12:01] Eline’s comfort level clearly communicating her message
- [12:46] 4 V’s Formula
- [13:22] Why people don’t care what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [14:54] What is the problem you solve?
- [16:10] The biggest problem musicians have
- [18:57] The Papercut Analogy
- [19:57] Anxiety
- [23:27] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [24:49] What is your solution?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [27:23] Who is your target market?
- [29:34] Eline’s ideal clients
- [31:02] How to refine your target market
- [34:06] Adding spouses to your target market
- [35:38] Do DJs wifes travel with them
- [37:53] Down to 1 sentence
- [38:28] Factorial
- [39:49] Elevator pitch
- [40:49] Metaphor to describe
- [41:15] Thing 1 Thing 2
- [41:58] Ryan rapping
- [42:21] Bad music pickup lines
- [43:17] Wonder Woman
- [43:43] Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction
- [44:16] Pinky and the Brain
- [44:26] The Hoxton in London
- [44:42] Ford Mustang
- [46:28] Mustang of Hedonism
- [46:48] Unicorn of Guidance
- [47:08] Brand Halo
- [47:30] GPS of balance in music & life
- [49:52] Where Eline’s at in terms of communicating her message
- [50:13] Geiger counter
- [50:26] Connect with Eline at TheUnicornMothership.com and on LinkedIn
- [50:38] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [50:46] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [50:58] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [51:01] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Eline, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like an epic bass drop.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.