Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Dustin Dye
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 25th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Dustin Dye, who is here to uncomplicate your complicated things. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #25: Dustin Dye – It’s Complicated to Explain Things
Dustin Dye, Co-Founder and CEO of Botcopy, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to uncomplicate your complicated things. Hear how to explain complex things, why things seem complicated at first, how chatbots work, why cats purr, and a surprise guest caller. This episode covers everything from Dustin’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to a sports fandom debate. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Complication Inception
- What makes things complicated
- A Grandma Timeout
- Why do we have 5 toes on each foot
- Why do cats purr
- Why do people dislike when you have 2 favorite teams in the same sport
- Why do we kiss under the mistletoe
- How to create your own mistletoe
- [0:26] Ryan Foland
- [0:45] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:51] Connect with Dustin on Twitter at @BotcopyInc and on LinkedIn
- [1:51] What is the 3-1-3 challenge?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge for It’s Complicated
- [2:14] 1977 Cal Sailboat, Catalina Island
- [4:10] CD (Compact Disc)
- [4:51] Chatbots
- [5:36] What is the problem this solves?
- [7:47] Complication Inception
- [8:29] What makes things complicated?
- [13:31] What is the solution?
- [13:42] It’s Complicated Podcast
- [14:24] Who is the target market?
- [14:56] Botcopy
- [16:18] GTO (Grandma Time-out)
- [18:10] Google
- [18:38] Instagram Live, DigitalHollywood
- [19:35] Buy Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or Barnes & Noble
- It’s Complicated Questions
- [21:07] Why do we have 5 toes on each foot
- [21:34] Savanna
- [22:51] Marketers, Entrepreneurs
- [23:15] What is It’s Complicated?
- [23:56] Why do cats purr?
- [26:54] Purr-spective
- [27:29] Pres Maxson on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [27:46] Why do people dislike it when I say I have 2 favorite NFL teams?
- [28:14] St. Louis Rams, LA Rams
- [31:22] Why do people kiss underneath a mistletoe?
- [31:40] Folklore
- [31:49] Pres Maxson calling in!
- [33:01] Whether you need to pick 1 favorite
- [33:59] Indianapolis Colts
- [34:40] Chicago Bears, Chicagoland
- [34:58] Wayne Gretzky, Kelly Hrudey, LA Kings
- [35:46] Chicago Cubs
- [35:52] Do we love the players or the system
- [36:52] 1919 World Series
- [38:18] What is your favorite sports team?
- [40:07] Instagram Stories
- [41:34] How to create your own mistletoe
- [42:29] Connect with Dustin on Twitter at @BotcopyInc and on LinkedIn
- [42:50] ItsComplicated.com
- [43:06] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [43:22] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [43:39] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [43:41] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Dustin, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like…something that’s complicated.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.