Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Karyl Eckerle
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 20th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Karyl Eckerle, who is here to turn your first impressions from bad to good. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #20: Karyl Eckerle – Bad First Impressions Break Business
Karyl Eckerle, Image Consultant and Founder of The Business of Image, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to turn your first impressions from bad to good. Hear how to get people to remember things, the importance of the image of your brand, how to be strategic with your image, how to make the most of opportunities, and how to capitalize on first impressions. This episode covers everything from Karyl’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to fairy godmothers. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is image consulting
- The croc brain
- How to find your path
- A Whammy! comparison
- The Parachute Analogy
- How to improve your personal brand
- What is Permission-based pitching
- What Michael Scott has to do with Karyl
- [0:27] Ryan Foland
- [0:46] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:52] Connect with Karyl at TheImageImpactGroup.com, on Twitter at @Karyl_Eckerle, and on LinkedIn
- [3:08] Brand Halo
- [3:21] The Name Game
- [4:25] Croc brain, Mammalian brain
- [5:21] CDs
- [6:03] Karyl’s story
- [7:27] Sterling silver jewelry
- [7:42] Sony eReader
- [8:59] Image Consulting
- [10:15] Journalism, Criminal Justice, Psychology
- [11:56] Staffing agency
- [13:58] How to find your path
- [14:49] Sales, Marketing
- [15:01] “It’s a Small World” ride
- [15:35] Peter Goral & Dan Bennett on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [15:51] What is the 3-1-3 challenge
- [16:43] Why people don’t care what you do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [18:04] What is the problem you solve?
- [18:21] Steve Harvey
- [19:05] Whammy!
- [22:11] The Parachute Analogy
- [22:57] UFC
- [23:18] Personal Branding, Digital Footprint
- [27:59] Image & Branding Consultant
- [32:00] Permission-based pitching
- [32:36] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [33:35] What is your solution?
- [36:32] Sharpie
- [36:58] Overtalking
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [42:05] Who is your target market?
- [44:16] Outbound marketing
- [45:03] Entrepreneurs
- [46:34] Michael Scott, The Office
- [48:04] Checks and Balances
- [48:46] Down to 1 sentence
- [49:00] Compound sentence
- [49:51] Metaphor to describe
- [50:01] Fairy Godmother, Mary Poppins
- [50:19] Tesla
- [50:46] Connect with Karyl at TheImageImpactGroup.com, on Twitter at @Karyl_Eckerle, and on LinkedIn
- [51:05] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [51:16] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [51:22] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [51:31] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Karyl, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a first impression.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.