Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Josh Steimle
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 18th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Josh Steimle, who is here to turn your LinkedIn into gold. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #18: Josh Steimle – Conquer Your Business Fears Through LinkedIn
Josh Steimle, Founder and CEO of Influence Inc, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to turn your LinkedIn into gold. Hear how he built up the courage to drop in on a skateboard vert ramp, how to conquer your fears, how to grow your business through LinkedIn, how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, and how to produce high quality LinkedIn content. This episode covers everything from Josh’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to his skateboarding stories. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Why we like to challenge ourselves
- A game of “Finish the Tweet”
- Why nobody cares what you do
- The Papercut Analogy
- The Parachute Analogy
- Ryan’s stick figures
- How to gain courage
- How to rock it on LinkedIn
Connect with Josh at InfluencerInc.co.
- [0:31] Ryan Foland
- [0:52] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:58] Connect with Josh at InfluencerInc.co
- [3:32] Josh’s story
- [4:42] Vert Ramp, Freeline Skates
- [5:46] Rye Airfield
- [6:16] Tony Hawk
- [6:36] Encinitas, CA, YMCA
- [11:35] Why do we like to challenge ourselves
- [14:41] Just Do It, Nike
- [15:04] Finish the Tweet
- [15:29] Entrepreneurship
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [16:35] What is the 3-1-3 Challenge
- [18:01] Why nobody cares what you do
- [18:40] What is the problem you solve?
- [20:08] The Papercut Analogy
- [24:13] The Parachute Analogy
- [29:48] LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- [30:21] Book me at Ryan.Online to keynote or speak at your next event
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [31:25] What is your solution?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [38:25] Who is your target market?
- [40:35] Josh’s online course
- [43:41] Gold Rush
- [44:09] Backhoe
- [45:36] Ditch the Act by Ryan Foland
- [47:55] Ryan’s stick figures
- [48:26] Down to 1 sentence
- [41:20] Metaphor to describe
- [52:11] Subaru Forester
- [52:46] Orthoscopic
- [53:01] X-ray, MRI
- [54:02] Cardiologist
- [55:06] Skateboard Bearings, Swiss Bearings
- [55:32] Shark Wheel
- [57:16] Connect with Josh at InfluencerInc.co
- [58:02] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [58:14] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [58:22] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [58:32] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Josh, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a vert ramp.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.