Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Psychic Ruth Lordan
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 17th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Ruth Lordan, who is here to break you out of your fog. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #17: Psychic Ruth Lordan – Break Through the Fog of Indecision
Ruth Lordan, the Psychic of over 50 years, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to break you out of your fog. Hear how she learned to dance to reggae from Bob Marley himself, why we get stuck at a crossroads, the time she gave Mike Zimmer and the Vikings a crystal ball, why you should take care of yourself first, and even a live call-in psychic reading. This episode covers everything from Ruth’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to her story with Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How to dance to reggae
- How to not get scammed
- How do you become a psychic
- The Power of Suggestion
- A live call-in psychic reading
- What is Cognitive Dissonance and Confirmation Bias
- How to strengthen your mind
- Ruth’s feedback for Ryan
Connect with Ruth at RuthLordan.com.
- [0:23] Ryan Foland
- [0:43] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:49] Connect with Ruth at RuthLordan.com
- [1:48] Ruth’s story
- [2:34] Negril Yacht Club, Negril, Jamaica
- [2:50] Bob Marley and the Wailers
- [3:48] How to dance to reggae, Slow Bachata
- [6:24] Reduction, Concentrate
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [7:22] Why nobody cares what you do
- [8:12] How to not get scammed
- [9:01] Identity Theft
- [12:56] How do you become a psychic
- [13:14] Philosophy, Palm Readings
- [14:29] How your skills change over time
- [15:25] What is the problem you solve?
- [17:08] Being at a crossroads
- [20:18] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [22:29] What is your solution?
- [25:31] Chakra, Portal is open
- [26:48] Aristotle, Practical Syllogism
- [27:44] SportsCenter Live
- [27:48] Time Ruth gave Mike Zimmer & the Minnesota Vikings a crystal ball
- [28:32] Cognitive Dissonance, Confirmation Bias
- [30:29] The Power of Suggestion
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [33:49] Who is your target market?
- [34:59] Psychologists
- [36:15] Live call-in psychic reading
- [36:26] Hai Truong on The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [37:18] Parabolic Meditation, Mahayana
- [41:32] Yoga
- [44:37] How to strengthen your mind
- [45:06] Down to 1 sentence
- [45:47] Metaphor to describe
- [45:58] GPS
- [46:12] Ruth’s feedback for Ryan
- [46:31] FaceTime
- [47:17] Connect with Ruth at RuthLordan.com
- [47:41] Spirit Medium Readings, Mars Bar
- [49:38] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [49:51] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [50:01] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [50:03] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Ruth, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a crystal ball.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.