Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Paulo André
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 16th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Paulo André, who is here to keep your dream vacation alive. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #16: Paulo André – Don’t Ruin Your Vacation
Paulo André, VP of Engineering at TourRadar, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to keep your dream vacation alive. Hear how he cycled Portugal from top to bottom, how to approach problem-solving, skills from coding that translate to other business areas, how to find your dream tour, and why you should book through a tour agency. This episode covers everything from Paulo’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to The Addams Family. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What you can learn from coding
- Why Decision Fatigue happens
- The Papercut Analogy
- Why multi-day tours are better
- How to use TourRadar
- How to improve UX (User Experience)
- Why you need tours to improve your vacations
- What Super Mario has to do with tours and vacations
- [0:28] Ryan Foland
- [0:46] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:52] Connect with Paulo on Twitter at @PRLA and @TourRadar
- [1:55] Paulo’s story
- [2:41] That time at band camp
- [5:31] Background in coding
- [7:29] Like learning to ride a bike
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [11:01] Why nobody cares what you do
- [11:42] Drive by Dan Pink, Purpose
- [13:00] What is the problem you solve?
- [16:02] Decision Fatigue
- [16:26] The Papercut Analogy
- [22:39] Multi-day tours
- [26:56] Buy Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or Barnes & Noble
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [27:56] What is your solution?
- [28:34] Booking tours made easy
- [31:24] How does TourRadar work
- [34:05] User Experience (UX)
- [34:51] King Koopa, Super Mario Bros.
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [39:44] Who is your target market?
- [42:10] Where are TourRadar tours
- [45:32] Down to 1 sentence
- [45:52] Factorials
- [46:24] Galileo Galilei
- [47:32] Metaphor to describe
- [47:56] KAYAK for multi-day tours
- [48:09] Staples Easy Button
- [48:57] Uber
- [49:22] Tesla of Travel
- [50:39] Keyless Entry System
- [51:25] Mary Poppins
- [51:36] Flash
- [53:12] Connect with Paulo on Twitter at @PRLA and @TourRadar
- [53:43] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [53:53] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [54:10] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [54:16] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Paulo, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a dream vacation.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.