Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Deanna Russo
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 14th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Deanna Russo, who is here to save you time with your hiring process. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #14: Deanna Russo – You Need Purple Squirrels
Deanna Russo, the Purple Squirrel Magnet, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to save you time with your hiring process. Hear what a Purple Squirrel is, how to find them for your business, how to save time recruiting, how to connect with technical candidates through LinkedIn, and the power of video on social media. This episode covers everything from Deanna’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to a rundown of car metaphors. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is a Purple Squirrel
- Why you need Purple Squirrels
- How to be fear-less
- The Parachute Analogy
- Lyft vs. Uber
- How to recruit technical experts
- How to thrive on LinkedIn
- How superheros tie to recruiting
Connect with Deanna on LinkedIn.
- [0:22] Ryan Foland
- [0:43] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:48] Connect with Deanna on LinkedIn
- [1:19] Ohio HR Conference
- [2:11] H7 networking group
- [4:22] Deanna’s story
- [4:42] What is a Purple Squirrel
- [5:21] IT (Information Technology), C-Sharp engineer, Java developer
- [6:28] How to be fear-less
- [7:06] LinkedIn Live, Facebook Live
- [7:52] Brian Fanzo, Courage
- [8:36] Mary Kay
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [10:39] The Wizard of Oz
- [11:22] Why nobody cares what you do
- [12:06] WIIFM: What’s in it for me
- [13:16] What is the problem you solve?
- [13:50] Google
- [15:28] Circular vs. Rectangular Parachute
- [16:23] Evel Knievel
- [20:29] Project Manager (PM)
- [28:01] Lyft, Uber
- [33:31] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [29:26] What is your solution?
- [31:02] VR (Virtual Reality)
- [34:11] What vs. How
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [37:48] Who is your target market?
- [38:41] The Price is Right, Whammy!
- [42:58] Down to 1 sentence
- [44:32] Factorials
- [47:41] Metaphor to describe
- [49:02] Lamborghini, Hummer, Tesla, Prius
- [49:45] Prius of Technical Recruitment
- [50:11] Subaru
- [50:43] Captain America, Flash
- [52:56] Nitrous tank
- [54:22] Connect with Deanna on LinkedIn
- [55:11] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [55:22] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [55:30] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [55:39] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Deanna, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a Purple Squirrel.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.