Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Dalip Jaggi
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 15th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Dalip Jaggi, who is here to welcome you to the tech community. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #15: Dalip Jaggi – Find Your Fellow Entrepreneurs
Dalip Jaggi, the tech entrepreneur and President of OC Tech Happy Hour, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to welcome you to the tech community. Hear how he envisioned his first successful startup before it happened, how to create your sandbox, where to find resources for entrepreneurs, the impact and camaraderie of the tech community, and why meeting others in person is better. This episode covers everything from Dalip’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to traveling to Bali. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Dalip’s startup and investing journeys
- What to do after you exit your startup
- What Eminem and Ryan Foland have in common
- What is OC Tech Happy Hour
- The Parachute Analogy
- What is The Care Bear Stare
- What the Pied Piper has to do with tech startups
- Ryan Foland’s TEDx talk where he raps
Connect with Dalip at the OC Tech Happy Hour on Meetup.com.
- [0:27] Ryan Foland
- [0:49] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:55] Connect with Dalip at the OC Tech Happy Hour on Meetup.com
- [1:40] Nonprofits
- [3:04] The Love Bus
- [3:18] Dalip’s story
- [4:21] Programmer
- [5:54] Vision board
- [6:47] What happened with the startup
- [7:35] Find your sandbox
- [8:31] What happened after exit
- [8:46] Human Capital
- [9:31] Bali
- [10:04] Bento box
- [10:32] Orange County
- [10:58] How Dalip got involved in OC Tech Happy Hour
- [11:38] Manifest
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [12:16] Eminem, Marshall Mathers, The Real Slim Shady
- [12:43] Brand Halo
- [12:56] Ryan Foland’s TEDx talks
- [14:46] Fortune 500
- [15:18] Jeopardy!
- [15:25] Why nobody cares what you do
- [16:25] What is the problem you solve?
- [19:18] Circular vs. Rectangular Parachute
- [30:30] Book me at Ryan.Online to keynote or speak at your next event
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [31:34] What is your solution?
- [33:29] What vs. How
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [37:33] Who is your target market?
- [42:44] The Care Bear Stare
- [43:52] Down to 1 sentence
- [44:36] Factorial
- [47:32] Metaphor to describe
- [48:08] Match.com
- [48:52] SQL, API, Mainframe, Plugin
- [50:32] Carburetor
- [52:35] Ferrari, Smartcar
- [54:10] Pied Piper
- [54:15] Connect with Dalip at the OC Tech Happy Hour on Meetup.com
- [55:50] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [56:01] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [56:11] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [56:20] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Dalip, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the world’s biggest happy hour.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.