Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Elizabeth Barry
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 12th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Elizabeth Barry, who is here to eliminate your communication breakdowns. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #12: Elizabeth Barry – Communication Breakdowns Will Ruin Your Life
Elizabeth Barry, The Kind Communicator, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to eliminate your communication breakdowns. Hear her life-changing moment in Vegas, how dance relates to business, how communication helps your career, the Iceberg Theory, and the power of active listening. This episode covers everything from Elizabeth’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to out-of-date dance moves. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- The business world of dance
- The beauty of dance moves
- Ryan’s Bad Dancing Theory
- All the dance moves Elizabeth and Ryan can’t do
- What are communication breakdowns
- What is The Iceberg Theory
- How to help people through communication breakdowns
- What makes an aha moment
- [0:26] Ryan Foland
- [0:44] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:51] Connect with Elizabeth and her books at ElizabethBarryConsulting.com and on LinkedIn
- [2:24] TEDx
- [3:12] Elizabeth’s story
- [6:22] The business world of dance
- [7:32] The beauty of dance moves
- [7:53] Queen Elizabeth
- [8:06] Footloose
- [8:15] “Hello” by Lionel Richie
- [8:40] Tom Cruise
- [9:22] Ryan’s Bad Dancing Theory
- [9:52] The Floss, The Running Man, The Dougie, The Dab
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [15:07] The Green Festival
- [17:28] What is the problem you solve?
- [22:10] What are communication breakdowns
- [25:42] Maya Angelou
- [26:41] What is the pain of that problem
- [29:15] Book me at Ryan.Online to keynote or speak at your next event
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [32:52] What is your solution?
- [34:35] Personal & Professional Development
- [35:37] The Iceberg Theory
- [42:08] How to help people through communication breakdowns
- [42:33] Active listening
- [43:16] Aha moment
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [46:08] Who is your target market?
- [47:14] The Wolf of Wall Street
- [48:10] Jedi
- [48:27] Down to 1 sentence
- [50:47] Metaphor to describe
- [51:23] Dance instructor for business
- [51:52] John Bates
- [54:15] Connect with Elizabeth and her books at ElizabethBarryConsulting.com and on LinkedIn
- [54:36] The Kind Communicator, Design Your Mind to be Kind
- [55:50] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [56:01] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts,
- [56:11] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [56:20] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Elizabeth, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a dance off.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.