Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Michelle Tillis Lederman
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 9th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Michelle Tillis Lederman, who is here to help you get results. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #9: Michelle Tillis Lederman – You Need to Get Heard to Get Results
Michelle Tillis Lederman, Connection Creator and Leadership Speaker, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to help you get results. Hear how to get over the corporate hump, how to get people to pay attention to you, the difference between bravery and confidence, how to return an item, and the time she went skydiving on her honeymoon. This episode covers everything from Michelle’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to her memorable experience at Best Buy. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How to never pay a late fee again
- The pace of technology adoption
- Why people care about the problem you solve
- Why you need to get connected to get ahead
- The Parachute Analogy
- How Michelle gets you results
- What Pharrell has to do with Michelle
- Velcro as a metaphor
- [0:24] Ryan Foland
- [0:43] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:56] Connect with Michelle at MichelleTillisLederman.com and her book at TheConnectorsAdvantage.com
- [2:08] Michelle’s story
- [3:21] Best Buy
- [6:12] Adopting technology
- [6:55] Laggard, Early Adopter
- [8:32] Smile Butter
- [9:22] How to never pay a late fee again
- [11:35] World of Speakers Podcast
- [11:50] What is the 3-1-3 method?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [14:01] What is the problem you solve?
- [14:05] Alex Trebek
- [14:25] Why people care about the problem you solve
- [21:02] Get Known, Get Connected, Get Ahead
- [24:53] Googling
- [24:59] Michelle’s LinkedIn nails video
- [25:22] Book me at Ryan.Online to keynote or speak at your next event
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [26:49] What is your solution?
- [27:45] Circular vs. Rectangular Parachute
- [29:29] Redwood tree
- [29:37] Elvis Presley
- [34:36] How do you do what you do?
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [36:48] Who is your target market?
- [39:43] Mid-level management
- [44:59] Checks and balances
- [46:02] Down to 1 sentence
- [46:46] Metaphor to describe
- [47:38] Kermit the Frog
- [48:40] “Happy” by Pharrell
- [49:08] The Velcro of Connections
- [51:30] Connect with Michelle at MichelleTillisLederman.com and her book at TheConnectorsAdvantage.com
- [52:22] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [52:32] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [52:41] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [52:44] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Michelle, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a Best Buy return policy.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.