Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Peter Goral
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 8th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Peter Goral, who is here to help you find your voice. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #8: Peter Goral – You’re Left in the Dust Without Your Voice
Peter Goral, Social Media Business Strategist at ArtEnvy, sits on the 3-1-3 hot seat to help you find your voice. Hear his passion for art, how to find your brand identity, how to create consistent compelling content, how to stand out from the noise, and why he’s fascinated by clouds. This episode covers everything from Peter’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to his passion for communication. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How Peter came up with his Twitter handle
- The adoption of social media in Canada
- The problem of brand identity
- How to use social listening
- How many clients Peter could handle
- How many entrepreneurs are there in Canada
- What do LEGO Master Builders do
- The 4 V’s of Personal Branding
Connect with Peter on Twitter at @ArtsandClouds.
- [0:24] Ryan Foland
- [0:43] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:50] Connect with Peter on Twitter at @ArtsandClouds
- [2:10] Peter’s story
- [4:25] Where he is from
- [4:40] Lancashire, UK
- [4:50] Dundas, ON
- [5:02] What being Canadian has to do with what Peter does
- [6:30] Peter’s passion for communication
- [7:01] Personal Branding
- [7:28] Adoption of social media in Canada
- [8:59] How Peter came up with his Twitter handle
- [10:25] Cloud-based computing
- [10:50] #CloudChallenge
- [11:03] Googling
- [12:36] Altostratus, Stratonimbus
- [13:51] Stratus, Cumulus, Cumulonimbus
- [15:05] What is the 3-1-3 method?
- [18:52] MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
- [21:40] Confused Girl GIF
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [22:28] What is the problem you solve?
- [22:58] DMs (Direct Messages)
- [24:10] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- [25:20] Eminem
- [26:24] Adam Grant
- [27:30] The problem of Brand Identity
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [36:02] What is your solution?
- [36:24] How does Peter’s solution work
- [37:42] How to use social listening
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [41:05] Who is your target market?
- [42:05] Entrepreneurs, Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs)
- [42:50] How many clients could Peter have
- [43:08] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- [44:30] How many prospects Peter could convert
- [45:50] How many entrepreneurs are there in Canada
- [50:48] Down into 1 sentence
- [52:22] Metaphor to describe
- [53:10] 3D printer
- [54:07] LEGO Master Builders
- [56:06] The 4 V’s of Personal Branding
- [56:45] Connect with Peter on Twitter at @ArtsandClouds
- [57:12] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [57:24] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [57:32] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [57:34] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Peter, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a cumulonimbus cloud.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.