Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Dan Bennett
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 7th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Dan Bennett, who is here to get you to tell better stories. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #7: Dan Bennett – You Need to Tell Better Stories
Dan Bennett, Antipreneur and Founder of Cell Core Creative, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to get you to tell better stories. Hear how to craft clear messaging, the power of effective storytelling, how to use video production and digital media to your advantage, why Dan’s solution is a punchline, and the definitions of productception, marketception, and communification. This episode covers everything from Dan’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to how to master permission-based pitching. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What Ryan and Eminem have in common
- The importance of how much you talk in a conversation
- What is conversational mindfulness
- Why don’t parents teach us how to explain what we do
- Tips from Steve Martin
- What kind of stories people struggle to tell and understand
- The importance of permission-based pitching
- Lessons from Ryan’s TEDx talks
Connect with Dan at ImTheAntipreneur.com.
- [0:24] Ryan Foland
- [0:44] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:50] Connect with Dan at ImTheAntipreneur.com
- [1:12] Flint, MI
- [1:51] Dan’s story
- [2:03] Drafting
- [2:50] What is the 3-1-3 challenge
- [2:53] Eminem
- [4:10] The importance of how much you talk in a conversation
- [5:44] The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- [5:49] Eureka Fest
- [5:53] Princess of Greece
- [6:02] Phil Donahue
- [7:51] Conversational mindfulness
- [8:52] Why don’t parents teach us how to explain what we do
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [13:39] What is the problem you solve?
- [15:54] Born Standing Up by Steve Martin
- [16:09] Disciplined Dreaming by Josh Linkner
- [18:20] Do people admit the problem on their own or identify with the problem you bring up
- [21:35] What kind of stories people struggle to tell and understand
- [22:40] Productception, Inception
- [24:41] Permission-based pitching
- [26:15] Buy Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or Barnes & Noble
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [28:07] What is your solution?
- [28:46] Steve Martin
- [33:21] Ryan’s TEDx talks
- [35:54] The Ultimate Driving Machine
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [36:21] Who is your target market?
- [37:30] Marketception
- [44:32] Google Drive, Google Doc
- [44:50] Communification
- [45:14] Clash of Clans
- [46:17] Chuck E. Cheese
- [47:38] What is really your solution?
- [48:26] eCommerce
- [49:51] Fiverr
- [50:55] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- [56:15] Connect with Dan at ImTheAntipreneur.com
- [56:36] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [56:51] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [57:00] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [57:12] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Dan, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like a story that needs to be told.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.