Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Carolyn Swora
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 6th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Carolyn Swora, who is here to fix your company culture. Join me as I put her in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #6: Carolyn Swora – Your Culture Is Tearing Your Team Apart
Carolyn Swora, Workplace Culture Architect at Pinnacle Culture, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to fix your company culture. Hear lessons from her life-changing experience with her husband, how to keep top talent by improving your culture, how to keep it simple and get rid of complexity, how to improve productivity and happiness, and why you should be the butterfly. This episode covers everything from Carolyn’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to how to be resilient. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- Why people are naturally selfish
- The Papercut Analogy
- How underproductivity ties to unhappiness
- How to align your company and employee values
- How consulting helps solve problems
- How the 3-1-3 challenge guides content creation
- What is a water bear
- [0:25] Ryan Foland
- [0:47] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:53] Connect with Carolyn at CarolynSwora.com and on Twitter at @PinnacleCarolyn
- [1:57] Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors
- [2:30] Carolyn’s story
- [5:25] Being resilient in tough times
- [7:07] Mindset by Carol Dweck
- [7:49] Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- [12:52] #BeTheButterfly
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [17:15] Seeing someone you know in the car
- [18:02] Why people are naturally selfish
- [19:33] What is the problem you solve?
- [20:35] Ryan Foland stick figures
- [21:25] Underproductivity & unhappiness
- [22:52] Combining 2 problems together
- [23:32] The Papercut Analogy
- [23:52] Ditch the Act by Ryan Foland
- [24:12] How do underproductivity & unhappiness relate
- [26:15] Book me at Ryan.Online to keynote or speak at your next event
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [27:30] What is your solution?
- [28:39] Rules of Engagement by Carolyn, Her consulting
- [29:42] How culture fits in with underproductivity & unhappiness
- [30:50] How to align your company and employee values
- [32:38] Gin Rummy
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [34:16] Who is your target market?
- [34:48] CEO (Chief Executive Officer), GM (General Manager)
- [35:12] Peter Drucker
- [35:29] What problem resonates with them
- [35:52] Millennials
- [37:15] Retention & attrition problem
- [38:32] Solution from consulting
- [39:45] Plinko
- [42:39] Litmus Test
- [48:55] How the 3-1-3 challenge guides content creation
- [49:50] Pro Rowing, Coxswain
- [54:14] Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- [54:41] Water Bear
- [56:15] Connect with Carolyn at CarolynSwora.com and on Twitter at @PinnacleCarolyn
- [56:36] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [56:51] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and following on GoodPods
- [57:00] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [57:12] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Carolyn, for attacking the 3-1-3 challenge like the world’s best butterfly.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.