Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Hai Truong on IGTV
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 5th episode of my podcast:
The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Hai Truong, who is here for the 3-1-3 on IGTV. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #5: Hai Truong – 3-1-3 for IGTV
Hai Truong, Marketing Strategist at UCI, sits in the 3-1-3 hot seat to get you on IGTV. Hear about his time jumping on stage from the crowd to perform with a band, the purpose of IGTV, how IGTV works, how to make videos for IGTV, and Ryan’s exceptional grandma and grandpa impressions. This episode covers everything from Hai’s attempt at the 3-1-3 for IGTV to how he drinks his coffee. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- The 3-1-3 for triple wall flasks
- The problem IGTV solves
- How IGTV compares to other social media platforms and features
- Why vertical video is growing in popularity
- What kind of videos are on IGTV
- The best IGTV channels
- Who would have used IGTV back in the day
- How the 80/20 rule applies to IGTV
- [0:26] Ryan Foland
- [0:47] The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland
- [0:53] Connect with Hai on Instagram and Twitter at @HaiiTruong
- [0:58] IGTV
- [2:03] Triple Wall Flask
- [2:30] What is the problem triple wall flasks solve
- [5:18] What is the solution of triple wall flasks
- [5:39] Yeti
- [5:51] Who is the target market for triple wall flasks
- [8:35] Hai’s story
- [9:00] Citrus Hotel, Cut da Check
- [9:52] Mad Men
- [10:25] Roy Rogers
- [10:56] “Just Friends” by Musiq Soulchild
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [14:02] What is the problem IGTV solves?
- [14:35] What is Instagram’s post limit
- [16:01] Instagram Stories
- [17:01] Snapchat
- [17:34] Myspace
- [19:22] Book me at Ryan.Online if your team is up for the 3-1-3 Challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [20:01] What is IGTV’s solution?
- [22:20] How does IGTV work?
- [23:58] 4:3, 1:1 aspect ratio
- [24:16] Why vertical video is getting more popular
- [26:01] How tor repurpose content for IGTV
- [27:10] Apple TV, DirecTV
- [27:27] Snapped
- [28:32] GaryVee aka Gary Vaynerchuk
- [28:50] Do you lock your screen or allow it to rotate
- [31:25] What kind of videos are on IGTV
- [32:11] B-roll
- [33:46] Skittles, Coca-Cola
- [34:32] Subway Creatures IGTV, Podcast
- [35:06] Hai’s favorite IGTV channels
- [35:09] Red Table Talk, Jada Pinkett Smith
- [36:02] Production Quality of IGTV
- [37:05] Kids Getting Hurt IGTV, America’s Funniest Home Videos IGTV
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [37:24] Who is IGTV’s target market?
- [38:50] 80/20 rule
- [42:45] Google Analytics
- [44:11] CD (compact disc)
- [44:39] Factorial
- [44:55] iPhone
- [46:42] Metaphor to describe
- [47:10] LEAF, Prius
- [47:31] Netflix, Vimeo
- [50:26] YouTube Live
- [51:06] Ella Fitzgerald, Patsy Cline
- [51:21] Connect with Hai on Instagram and Twitter at @HaiiTruong
- [51:52] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [52:07] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts,
- [52:11] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [52:21] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you, Hai, for attacking the 3-1-3 for IGTV.
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.