Podcast! The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland: Robert Knop
Are you up for the challenge? Welcome to the 2nd episode of my podcast: The 3-1-3 Challengewith Ryan Foland! I’m your host, Ryan Foland, which you probably guessed. I’m here to challenge you to keep things simple AND powerful. So what is this 3-1-3 Challenge? Well, can YOU boil down your messaging to 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to just 3 words? This is what I’ve challenged people like you to do throughout my career speaking and consulting around the world, and now I’ve brought the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio.
This week’s guest is Robert Knop, who is here to keep you from going out of business. Join me as I put him in the 3-1-3 hot seat! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’re up for the challenge!
What is The 3-1-3 Challenge with Ryan Foland?
Ryan Foland (that’s me) will challenge you to keep things simple and make them powerful. The Global Keynote Speaker, Author, and Branding Expert has inspired thousands to obliterate and revitalize their brands with his infamous 3-1-3 Challenge. Can you boil down your messaging into 3 sentences, down to 1 sentence, and ultimately to 3 words? Now, Ryan’s taking the 3-1-3 Challenge from the stage to the studio with a podcast to challenge business executives, creative thinkers, marketing leaders, and possibly even you – are you up for the challenge?
Podcast Episode #2: Robert Knop – You Will Go Out of Business Without Digital Marketing
Robert Knop, Founder of Assist You Today, sits on the 3-1-3 hot seat to keep you from going out of business. Hear how he started his company to help people, the impact of new technology on traditional marketing tactics, how to focus on continuous improvement, why personal branding is important for the overall company, and what it’s like parenting twins. This episode covers everything from Robert’s attempt at the 3-1-3 to his daddy blogger aspirations. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Where the 3-1-3 came from
- Ryan’s background as an entrepreneur – and in Entrepreneur
- Why nobody cares what you do – they care about the problem you solve
- The power of the pause
- Why employers should want their employees to build their personal brands
- How the 3-1-3 works for businesses
- Why the 3-1-3 is the first step of the personal branding process
- The 4 V’s: Vision, Voice, Volume, Validation
Connect with Robert on LinkedIn and at AssistYouToday.com.
- [0:28] Ryan Foland
- [0:48] 3-1-3 Challenge
- [0:59] Robert Knop
- [1:21] Irvine
- [2:46] Robert’s story
- [3:02] Assist You Today
- [4:47] having twin boys
- [5:22] pro bono
- [5:30] did Robert come from a big family
- [6:30] does he have lists to stay organized
- [7:03] life hack
- [7:22] Fortune 500, digital marketing
- [7:43] daddy blogger
- [8:11] how frequently lists
- [8:20] Google Calendar
- [8:39] how much time spend online
- [9:09] protective glasses yellow
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is the problem that you solve?
- [10:25] People don’t care what you do
- [11:15] Entreport
- [11:55] slapfish
- [12:48] Family Feud
- [12:55] what is the problem that you solve?
- [13:25] Seinfeld
- [14:23] Problems with tactics or high-level?
- [15:08] Toyota, Continuous Improvement
- [16:02] Corporateland
- [17:15] why do people keep using old tactics
- [18:23] why people afraid of new tactics
- [19:59] 80/20 rule
- [20:16] Attrition
- [21:12] is it implementation or acceptance?
- [22:03] AI phonebots out of China debt coll
- [22:40] chatbots
- [23:36] Fusilli Jerry
- [25:39] 313 AD Ryan.online if team up for challenge
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: What is your solution?
- [28:52] How does this work
- [29:40] How do people handle beoutdated
- [32:27] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- [32:57] how much factor is stature in ability to answer
- [34:15] how much process figuring out wdo
- [34:45] Plinko board
- [36:35] Thor, Avengers, Rainbow Bridge
- [37:30] Plunko, The Price is Right
- [38:20] what happens after refine brand
- [38:44] B2B (Business-to-Business)
- [39:15] Facebook Ads
- [39:52] Eminem
- [40:05] University of Michigan
- [41:10] Why personal branding is necessary
- [42:32] FinServ (Financial Services)
- [43:05] Johnson & Johnson
- [43:19] How important was pb historically
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Who is your target market?
- [46:20] what characteristics are red flags from leadership
- [47:35] how can employees get mgmt up to speed
- The 3-1-3 Challenge: Metaphor to describe yourself
- [53:25] Fortune 50
- [53:50] connect w Robert on LinkedIn or AssostYouToday.com
- [54:02] Magic 8 ball
- [55:34] Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show
- [55:42] Keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app and leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts,
- [55:51] Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Facebook
- [55:53] Google
- [55:59] Follow the #313Challenge on social media
- Theme Song: Kodo Stomp Percussion – Akashic Records – provided by Jamendo
How do I get on The 3-1-3 Challenge?
Thank you Robert for braving the 3-1-3 challenge in this week’s episode. Did he pass with a perfect score? K-NOPE!
Think you’re up for the challenge yourself? Visit Ryan.Online/313me to apply for the show. You can also keep up with every single 3-1-3 Challenge by subscribing on your favorite app, leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, and connecting with me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, or following the #313Challenge on social media. Buy my new book Ditch the Act on DitchTheAct.com or at your local Barnes & Noble. Want to have me go through the 3-1-3 on stage at your event or with your company? Book me for speaking or consulting. Until next time, Keep it Simple.